Saturday, May 16, 2020

Caturday Art

As I mentioned yesterday, today we're starting a series of doodles that are something along the lines of concept art. I enjoy writing, and it's always been a dream of mine to pen stories aplenty. As I've also mentioned before, I'm indeed currently writing some stories, books, novels, and all that jazz. One thing that personally helps me with writing is scribbling up doodles inspired by various characters, settings, and scenes in my stories. And so, as I said, our newest series of doodles are concept art for the stories I'm working on. For now, these doodles are just sneak peeks. So, here's sneak peek #1.


You've seen doodles like this from me before. That's because I've been working on these stories for quite some time, and concepts from them have appeared in my sketchbook before. I started out writing what I thought were going to be short stories or children's books, but I lost control of my ideas and now it would seem I'm writing novels. I'm having quite a bit of fun, if I'm being honest.


Happy Caturday to all!


P.S. Sorry for posting late. Sometimes this here human forgets to schedule our posts. Shame on me.



***
Tidbit of the Day

Given the times we're in, we're going to go through a series of factoids and tips relating to COVID-19 and how it relates to our furry family members. Some of these tips could also relate to other potential diseases, but we will focus on this novel coronavirus since that's where the world is right now. So, let's begin.

We're going to start with something many people are concerned about. Can we give our furbabies COVID-19? Can our furbabies give us COVID-19? Since this virus is so novel, studies and new discoveries are constantly streaming in, and so nothing is fully set in stone yet. That being said, this novel coronavirus is largely spread from person to person, primarily through respiratory droplets, such as those resulting from a cough or a sneeze. When it comes to animals, though, there are a few cases worldwide of animals with COVID-19. These cases mostly point to the notion that our animals are more likely to get COVID-19 from us than we are to get it from them. For example, some tigers at a New York zoo were found to have COVID-19, and this was following one of their handlers having it. Therefore, it's most likely these tigers contracted the virus from that person.

All of the above being said, animals most certainly do not need to be abandoned or suffer in any other way as a result of this pandemic. Practicing proper hygiene, such as doing the obvious thing and washing your hands regularly, can prevent spread of disease overall. These sorts of proper hygiene techniques can benefit us humans and the furry friends in our lives. Upcoming factoids and tips will further address how to properly care for our furbabies and prevent spread of disease during this COVID-19 pandemic.

12 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

If I don't get out of lockdown soon, to see my stylist, I'm going to need headbands like your wee cherub!!!

meowmeowmans said...

That's a great doodle! And we bet your novels will be wonderful. :)

Peachy, Stippie, Angel Binky and Granny said...

We love all your doodles. You're a great artist😸Pawkisses for a Happy Weekend. Stay Safe Healthy and Yourselfie🙏🐾😽💞

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Can't wait to learn more about your project!

The Island Cats said...

We think a book that also includes your doodles will be a winner!

Cathy Keisha said...

Concats on the novel which is forthcoming.

Lone Star Cats said...

Cute doodle!

Smudge said...

Wonderful doodles, as always. This post makes dad envious again. He's got all these ideas of getting published, but they're just stuck in his head (and in his "Starts and Fits" folder). For years. Maybe this'll be the boost he needs to get some of his short stories cleaned up and out there somewhere. You are a very talented artist, my friend!

pilch92 said...

Very cute drawing and excellent tips. I hope no one gives up a pet for fear of Covid.

The J-Cats said...

Cute doodles! Can't wait to read the story behind them!

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Lovely doodle! We're sure your stories are amazing!

messymimi said...

Your story and doodles will be a wonderful combo, i am looking forward to the finished products!