Friday, May 29, 2020

Friendly Fill-Ins and Photo Fails

Happy Friday, friends! Are you ready to fill in some fill-ins? Yes? In case you missed the fill-in statements yesterday, we'll share them again here. Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two, and I came up with the second two.


1. I would like to improve my _________ skills.

2. My _________ is _________.

3. My current to-do list includes _________.

4. I finally _________.


My answers are below in bold.

1. I would like to improve my musical skills.
(I used to play the piano as a child, but now I haven't played in years. I'd love to take it up again, and I think muscle memory might help me get back into it. I'd also love to learn to the play the cello, or even the violin. I'd honestly rather be able to play those than the piano, if I'm being honest, as I love the song of a string instrument.)

2. My furry family is my pride and joy.
(I love my kitties and pup so much. They make me smile and laugh every single day. Even when they're being a tad bit naughty they make me happy. What else could I ask for?)

3. My current to-do list includes reorganizing my book collection.
(I love books just like I love cats. I have lots of books, and I honestly wouldn't have it any other way. I also love organizing my books and decorating my bookshelves, but I haven't done so in quite some time. I'm honestly looking forward to my future book organizing session. I'm sure I'll have plenty of cats snoopervising me along the way.)

4. I finally made my first ever strawberry pie.
(I love making pie, and I make pies for my family all year round. For some reason, though, I have always been too afraid to make a fresh strawberry pie. I finally did recently, though. It was not nearly as painful as I thought it would be.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

There's even more fun to be had today. Why? Because today is the day of the Pet Photo Fails! Blog Hop, hosted by Mudpie and Melissa of Melissa's Mochas, Mysteries, & Meows.


Eddy, our blooper queen, never disappoints. The photo she shared last week was one of her and her gnome pal Chompsky enjoying some window whiffies. That photo shoot certainly had its fair share of bloopers, most of them involving Eddy, Chompsky, or both of them looking the wrong way.




Wishing you all a fantastic Friday!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day

I'm sharing another flashback doodle today. I shared a flashback doodle yesterday as well, because my scanner was not cooperating with me and would simply not allow me to share a new doodle yesterday. My new doodle yesterday was actually supposed to be the illustration for my weekly poem.

Even though I'm sharing another flashback doodle today, I believe I should have my scanner up and going to have new doodles going again tomorrow. I'll probably share the illustration for my poem for the Caturday Art blog hop tomorrow. It stars books and a cat. In fact, the newest series of doodles I'll be sharing next week will all star cats and books. To go along with that upcoming series, today's flashback doodle, which I first shared roughly one year ago, is yet another one starring books and a cat. I remember scribbling this one up last year in honor of my angel Rosie, who was always my reading buddy growing up.




***
Tidbit of the Day

Today's tidbit relates to coronavirus, but not the one that causes COVID-19. Today we're briefly discussing how coronaviruses exist in far more forms than just the novel coronavirus that is behind the current pandemic. Coronaviruses are already known and common in cats and dogs, and each species has coronaviruses specific to it. There's the canine coronavirus, for example, which can cause a contagious gastrointestinal disease in dogs. There's also the feline coronavirus, which can cause the deadly, devastating disease that is feline infectious peritonitis, or FIP. These particular types of coronaviruses are not zoonotic, which means they are particular to a certain species and so cannot spread from pet to human. So, sadly, there are a great many forms of coronaviruses in the world. The virus behind COVID-19 is just one of many worrisome coronaviruses in the world.

13 comments:

messymimi said...

Cats and books just go together so well. If i could have learned a stringed instrument, i also would have chosen the cello.

Thanks for hosting the fill-ins, Eddy was especially entertaining today.

Pam and Teddy said...

If you feel like you want to take up ANY instrument - do. I played piano as a youngster but as a military family kid we couldn't ship our piano to the orient when Dad was stationed there. I just lost interest but some years ago bought an electric keyboard. I can take it out when I want to "play" or keep it in a closet when I don't. I've never made a strawberry pie but I often make strawberry (or other fruit) tarts. Fresh fruit is SOOOOO good!

Hugs, Pam

pilch92 said...

Great answers to the fill-ins. One is never too old to learn something new so why not take up the cello. You already know how to read music so that is a big plus. I hope you will show us some shelfie photos when you are done reorganizing the books. Eddy is a cutie. Nice drawing and excellent tips too. Have a wonderful day! XO

Eastside Cats said...

Eddy, you are too fast for your pawparazzi!

Yvonne said...

Great answers. We both love our cats and books. I have to re-organize my books, but since I transferred from physical to e-books a few years back, it's not much of a necessity though. Although, I do create shelves and collections on my e-reader for different genres. I don't keep up with them though. Hope you have a great week!

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Excellent fill-ins, and #3 is very overdue here, in fact we'll go tell Amber she needs to clean up her library! Happy weekend!

Sandee said...

Love your fill-ins and I'm coming over for strawberry pie. Yummy.

Thank you for co-hosting the Friendly Fill-ins. I look forward to this hop each Friday.

Have a fabulous day and weekend. ♥

My Tata's Cottage said...

Books light up my life. I should do the same. Organize. I am getting lots of projects done by organizing. I need a good organized toy bin so the hubby plans to add a three tier shelf that holds the canvas organizers so the kids can have an easier time pulling out toys when they are here. I hope your weekend will be wonderful. You sure have lots of good helpers around. HUGS

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Lovely flashback doodle and answers!

The Island Cats said...

What cute bloopers! Yes...bloopers can be cute. We bet that pie was delicious!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Pawsome fails and art! Book organizing sounds like a great project, and strawberry pie sounds pawsitively yummy! I played piano as a little girl too. Haven't touched it in decades though.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We always like the chance ta offer a 2nd version... This time as Laz said to TBT...

1. I would like to improve my adaption skills.

2. My new home is interesting, but confusing sometimes.

3. My current to-do list includes getting used to canned food.

4. I finally have an chance to sniff some really inneresting butts. And they eat something called "mousies".

Cathy Keisha said...

HAH! Eddy is a born blooper. I can imagine TW trying to photograph her. Thanks for hosting. TW is gonna try to organize the kitchen counter. MOL!