Friday, May 22, 2020

Friendly Fill-Ins

Happy Friday, friends! How about we fill in some Friendly Fill-Ins? If you'd like to participate, we'll share the fill-in statements again below. Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two, and I came up with the second two.


1. I would love to be a fly on the wall in _________.

2. I am missing _________.

3. I could use more _________ in my life.

4. I could do without _________.


My answers are below in bold.

1. I would love to be a fly on the wall in my house when I'm sleeping at night.
(When I get up in the morning, I sometimes find the state of my house nothing like I left it the night before. My kitties relocate their own toys all the time, but I also find all sorts of other things moved or in some semblance of disarray. I'll find items that were hidden away on a counter under a closet door, and I'll find every blanket and pillow that had been on the couch strewn all over the floor, and I'll find what I thought was a closed and hidden container of catnip sprinkled all over the entire house. I'd love to see which of my kitties do what, when, and how while I'm sleeping.)

2. I am missing normalcy.
(Who isn't these days? Since I still go to work every day, my usual schedule isn't all that different during this pandemic. Nonetheless, things certainly don't feel normal. The overall atmosphere of the world right now is so different, and it just feels wrong, and I'd like it to go back to normal. I'm sure many people want that.)

3. I could use more hours in my life.
(Can I just have just a couple more hours in a day? Please? I have a lot of personal goals and endeavors I'm working toward in my life, and I'll admit that trying to fit in time to work on those on top of my full-time job is not very easy most days. I'm willing to work for my dreams, though, so time management is my elusive best friend these days.)

4. I could do without heat and humidity.
(We've pretty much reached the season of heat and humidity, and I'm not really into it. It's supposed to be nearly 90°F on Sunday here in my corner of the world, with high levels of humidity on top of that. Send help.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***
Your Eddy fix for today stars not only Eddy, but also yet another open window as well as her gnome friend named Chompsky. Remember this little pal of hers?


These two sure do enjoy fresh air. Wishing you all lots of window whiffies!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day

The flashback doodle we're sharing today is one I created last year in honor of one of my favorite fruits. I'll be having a plethora of this fruit at a Memorial Day cookout with my parents and sister on Monday.


Who else enjoys some tasty watermelon? I'm also quite fond of grapes and strawberries, which I also got a stash of for Monday. I'll keep the toxic grapes away from the furbabies, but I will have to fight Toby for the strawberries, because he loves them so very much.



***
Tidbit of the Day

Today's tidbit relating to COVID-19 and our furbabies involves medications you might take or might be prescribed should you fall sick. As you all certainly know, and as we've mentioned more than once, keep all human medications well out of your kitty or pup's reach. Some human medications can be incredibly toxic to our furbabies, and it's not worth risking them finding them and ingesting them. Just one example is Tylenol, or acetaminophen, which humans might take to help control a fever or pain. If this drug is ingested by a cat or dog, though, it can lead to damage to red blood cells or sometimes to the liver. This kind of toxicity could potentially occur even if a small dose is ingested by a cat or dog. Therefore, if you are taking acetaminophen for a fever or pain, whether it is related to a virus like the coronavirus or not, be careful with where the medication is handled and stored so that your kitty or pup has absolutely no access to it.

13 comments:

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

I posted a video of me enjoying morning whiffles today :)

Yes, we could do without heat and humidity too!

The Florida Furkids said...

Our window wiffin' days are gone because it got too hot and humid. We have the same answer for #1!
The Florida Furkids

messymimi said...

We could do without the heat here, too.

May i suggest a house safe to hold all of your vital papers, and any catnip treats you want to have in your home.

Love Eddy and Chompsky at the window. Happy Friday to all!

Sandee said...

Love your fill-ins. Especially the first one. It's amazing all the work and sometimes destruction the kitties cause when everyone is asleep. Made me smile.

Thank you for co-hosting the Friendly Fill-ins.

Have a fabulous day and weekend. ♥

Pam and Teddy said...

Great filling in............Teddy doesn't need window whiffies since we take him outside a couple of times a day. I know how much they love to smell all the smells of the great outdoors though!!

Hugs, Pam

Yvonne said...

Great fill ins! I so agree with you about normalcy. My schedule hasn't really changed but things just don't feel the same anymore. I guess it will continue this way for awhile. I hope you have a great weekend!

pilch92 said...

I love your answers. It would be fun to see what your kitties do at night. I agree about missing normalcy. I fear we are going to have a whole new normal now. Great drawing. I just bought a watermelon for this weekend. :) And Eddy is too cute with her toy like Joanie and her Gremmie. Excellent tips too. Have a wonderful weekend. XO

Cathy Keisha said...

Nope, things aren't normal around here. For one, Pop is always around so I think I'll take the "new" normal. TW loves watermelon but she didn't buy any. She has plenty of cherries and strawberries though. Yo, Eddy!

The Island Cats said...

We're all missing normalcy these days. Enjoy your whiffies, Eddy!

catladymac said...

The catnip scattering seems to rule out a poltergeist. Maybe a baby monitor ?Some aren't terribly expensive.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Watermelon is one of the few things I like about summer! It's way too early for 90 IMO. Sounds like lots of fun goings on at your house during the night!

Kathe W. said...

Eddy is one handsome cat!

Eastside Cats said...

To me, life is incomplete without popcorn, and watermelon!
Eddy and Sweetie have that snaggletooth!