Friday, May 15, 2020

Friendly Fill-Ins

Happy Friday! Would you like to join us in the Friendly Fill-Ins? We'll share the fill-in statements again below. Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two, and I came up with the second two.


1. I _________ a _________ and a _________.

2. One nice thing about staying home is _________.

3. _________ instantly makes my day better.

4. When someone disagrees with me, I _________.


My answers are below in bold.

1. I like to eat a solid meal and a followup dessert.
(I'm a 3-meals-a-day sort of person, and after lunch and dinner I enjoy a dessert when possible. It can even be a small and simple dessert. I might go for a piece of caramel, or sometimes I'm happy with a serving of one of my favorite fruits, because I am a person who really loves fruit. No matter what it is, I don't often say no to dessert after a good meal.)

2. One nice thing about staying home is extra time with the furbabies.
(I've already mentioned before that I work at an essential business, and so I'm not really spending any extra time home these days. When I do get the chance to stay home for extra hours, though, the best part is spending time with my kitties and pup. I love being home with them. There's nowhere else I'd rather be.)

3. My furry family instantly makes my day better.
(If I'm having a bad day, a dose of kitty or pup is what I need. That always makes me feel better. Hugging my kitties or pup, sitting on the couch to spend time with them, or even just seeing a photo or video of them can easily improve my mood.)

4. When someone disagrees with me, I am willing to listen to their informed opinion.
(If someone has an opinion that differs from mine, especially if their opinion is backed by research or experience or something of the sort, I'm perfectly willing to listen. I'm of the belief that people don't have to agree on everything to have a civil conversation. Misinformation and lies are certainly not something I prefer to listen to, but I'm not bothered by someone disagreeing with me if they have their own valid beliefs and reasons.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

It's time for your Eddy fix. Eddy's co-star for today is the open window. She's quite happy about that.


Eddy and all of us here wish you a happy Friday!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day

The most recent series of doodles I've been working on is something along the lines of concept art. As I've mentioned before, I have been working on some writing projects, and I find it both beneficial and fun to doodle some of the characters, settings, and scenes in my stories. I first started drawing concept art for my stories last year, early on in the stages of these stories. Tomorrow I'll be sharing the first of my new series of illustrations. Today, though, I have a flashback doodle. This was one of the first pieces of concept art I scribbled up last year for the stories I'm writing.


The new doodle I'll be sharing tomorrow is sort of similar to this one from last year, but it's also not too similar. It at least stars the same characters. Does the calico in the doodle look familiar?



***
Tip of the Day

Our last tip in the parasite discussion is all about preventatives. We've already mentioned the importance of keeping up on administering parasite preventatives for your furbaby, even year round if possible. But, there's more to it than just that.

First, make sure you are administering a preventative only to the species for which it is intended. This can be crucial, and even a life or death scenario. For example, some preventatives formulated for dogs can have devastating effects on cats. This is because preventatives for dogs can contain pyrethrin/pyrethroid, which is safe for dogs. Cats, on the other hand, are highly sensitive to this compound, and it is toxic to them. This is not only something to keep in mind when purchasing or using preventatives directly on a cat, but also when using preventatives on a dog who lives with or has contact with cats. Do your research and discuss with your veterinarian the best preventatives and methods for keeping both your kitties and pups healthy and safe.

Second, keep in mind that many preventatives have age and/or weight cut-offs. Many are for cats and dogs 8 weeks and older, and are for specific weight ranges. Again, read labels, know your furbaby's age and weight, and discuss any questions or concerns with your veterinarian.

Lastly, we have a tip we just very recently gave, but we're still going to reiterate it now. And that tip is to be careful and wary of preventatives that are not recommended or sold by veterinarians. There are many preventatives out there that are off-brands and considered "cheap" options. This is in instance, though, when you don't want to go "cheap", or off-brand. There have been reports of cats and dogs who have fallen ill or who have died after being given certain off-brand preventatives. Don't risk your furbaby's life. Know the preventatives that veterinarians recommend and sell, do your research, and stick to the products that have proven the most effective and safe for kitties and pups.

12 comments:

Lone Star Cats said...

Enjoy your open window Eddy!

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

I can't wait to see your new illustrations!

messymimi said...

Since i am working, too, not much extra time at home here, either, but it is nice to come home to purrs.

And Eddy is saying Hooray for window whiffies!

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Looking epic Eddy! Supurr fill-ins guys! Happy Friday! xox

Eastside Cats said...

Oh Eddy! What fun you must be having!
I have opened a window in Sweetie's apartment, where I work at the table...she's enjoying the whiffies too!

Yvonne said...

Great fill ins as always. We have similar answers to #2 and 3. Have a great weekend!

pilch92 said...

Great fill-in answers. My #3 was similar. :) I love dessert too. Cute shot of Eddy and nice drawing- I believe that is Angel Rosie.
Excellent tips too. Have a wonderful weekend. XO

Sandee said...

Love your fill-ins. Especially #4. That one was very thought provoking.

Thank you for co-hosting the Friendly Fill-ins.

Have a fabulous day and weekend. ♥

Marg said...

Your fill-ins were terrific. Interesting thoughts. You all have a grand weekend.

The Island Cats said...

Eddy, it's always good to see you! Enjoy those whiffies!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

I love Eddy's smile! So true, extra time at home is never a bad thing when you have fur babies there to love.

Cathy Keisha said...

Someone who listens to the other side?? Let me take your temperature. Glad Eddy got some whiffies too. Our new windows open two different ways. How weird is that?