Thursday, May 7, 2020

Remembering Angel Rosie

Five years ago today, my sweet Rosie flew to the Rainbow Bridge.


Every year, I ponder what to post in my dear Rosie's honor. She was my best friend, my pride and joy, as well as the main reason I felt compelled to start this blog of ours. Two years ago, I finally found some words that more or less explain how I want to remember my Rosie every year on the anniversary of her journey to the Rainbow Bridge. So, I'm now going to re-post what I have said over the last couple of years.

Rosie was by my side for 21 years, from the time I was 4 years old until just after my 26th birthday. She was my companion through nearly every milestone in my life up to that point. This is certainly one major reason why the day I lost her was the worst day of my life thus far.

That all being said, as devastating as it was to lose her, I simply cannot forget the countless beautiful, happy, and funny memories Rosie gifted me. I would never and could never wish those memories away. That's why, when I think of Rosie, I always do all that I can to refrain from feeling sadness. Instead, at the thought of her, I try to go into my reservoir of memories and find ones that bring me joy. And let me tell you, there are many, many, many of those! What's more, I'm certain Rosie would not want the thought of her to bring me sadness.

It's difficult not to feel some semblance of melancholy when thinking of a lost loved one. But, in honor of the companionship, love, and countless memories that she gave me, I always try to remember Rosie with nothing but a smile. After all, for 21 years, she made me smile each and every day. She will always be my ray of sunshine in this world.


I love you, my Rosie, forever and always!


The above image was created a couple years ago by the ever so talented Ann of ZoolatryI don't know if there is an image I cherish more than this one. I have never enjoyed having my photo taken, and the only regret that brings me is that I do not have many photos of myself with my furbabies. However, I am beyond grateful that my mom once snapped a candid shot of me kissing my sweet Rosie on the forehead. Ann then spruced up that photo to create the beautiful image above. I cannot express how grateful I am to have this image to help me forever remember the bond Rosie and I shared.


In honor of my angel Rosie, how about a couple more flashback doodles of her? Today's flashbacks are yet gain from last year's April A to Z Challenge. These doodles we're sharing today are all about blogging and the friends it has brought our way. Rosie was the reason I started blogging. At the time I made my first post, my calico angel was a geriatric cat of 20. I decided one day to share her with the world. After all, she brought so much joy to my life, so why not give her the chance to do the same for the rest of the world? Though my sweet Rosie was only with me for a few months of our blogging journey, she truly paved the way for me. Thank you for that and everything you've done for me, my sweet angel Rosie.



It goes without saying that I am thankful for every single moment I shared with my angel Rosie. I am equally grateful for every moment she's watching over me now.


We are also grateful for all of you friends of ours, and for the fact that you're always here for us. Thank you for that.



***

Before we go, how about the fill-in statements for tomorrow's Friendly Fill-Ins challenge? Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two, and I came up with the second two.


1. I just finished _________.

2. I am hoping to start _________.

3. _________ is my idea of success.

4. When I can't sleep, I _________.





***

P.S. If you're looking for our weekly poem as part of Angel Sammy's Thoroughly Poetic Thursday challenge, we shared it yesterday. If you're interested, you can read it here.



***
Tip of the Day:

Today, we're taking a bit of a break from our parasite prevention tips in order to share a tip in honor of my sweet angel Rosie. Today's tip will offer some ideas on how you might be able to memorialize your Rainbow Bridge angels. Everyone has their own way of grieving and their own thoughts on memorials. Below are just some ideas that some may wish to use, while others may opt for other memorial options.

To begin, you can simply yet effectively memorialize your angel by displaying photos of them. You can even set up a little memorial corner or other area in your home, specifically for maintaining a memorial for your Rainbow Bridge angel. Whether or not you display it in a specific memorial area, you can also display your angel's clay paw, if you have one. You can also select a special urn for their remains, if you opted to keep their cremated remains.

Another option is to have customized portraits or other artwork painted or otherwise created for your Rainbow Bridge angel. You can have such artwork created based on your favorite photo of your angel, for example. Another option is to have custom jewelry created, using your Rainbow Bridge angel's image or name. Whether you wear such jewelry or put it on display, it can make for a lovely, unique memorial item.

If you can and want to, you can also create your own art or craft in honor of your angel. Whether this be a drawing, collage, or anything in between, this can help you feel closer to your angel. Or, you can write something in honor of your Rainbow Bridge angel. You can write a letter to them, write a poem for them, or simply write down any and all memories that you share with them. This is yet another way that you can honor and feel close to your angel, and you can choose to display or store away your personalized memorial items.

If you have a yard or garden where this is possible, you can also plant a tree or flower in honor of your Rainbow Bridge angel. You can also place a memorial plaque or statue for them in your yard or garden, or even inside your home. In the case where you can and do bury your furbaby in your yard, you can also select grave markers, including customized ones, to mark their resting place in a special way.

Yet another potential way to memorialize your Rainbow Bridge angel is to make some sort of donation to a shelter or rescue, such as the one from which they were adopted. Donations can be monetary, or in the form of food, toys, or even your time. Other donations you can make include those to the cause for a cure, such as in the case that your angel passed away from or suffered from a particular disease.

The options for memorializing Rainbow Bridge angels are endless. Everyone grieves and honors lost loved ones in their own way, and that is more than fine. If you wish to memorialize your angel, simply think of what ways might feel best to you, and then pursue those options.

8 comments:

Pam and Teddy said...

Oh I know the pain of losing a soul kitty....I'd had similar pains in my long life with other cats but when Angel Sammy died I knew it left a permanent whole in my heart. Teddy is a doll and I love him with all my heart but those soul kitties are beyond special to us. I hope you have a good day full of memories of your Rosie.

Hugs, Pam

Eastside Cats said...

Hugs and purrs to you on this remembrance day.
We enjoy seeing Angel Rosie in your doodles!

Catscue Cat Mom said...

She is so precious, what a great way to remember her. Hugs.

The Island Cats said...

She was such a beauty...and you have all your great memories of her. Purrs....

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Such a beautiful tribute to your sweet girl! It'll be 5 years in July for Truffles. Doesn't seem possible. She has her own memorial table with ashes, paw print, pictures, cat angel statue. And I've bought many memorial items in her honor.

pilch92 said...

Rosie was a beautiful girl. You were so blessed to have her for 21 years. Sending you hugs as you remember her.

Marg said...

Rosie was such a good companion and I sure understand missing her. Our cats are our companions and very missed when they aren't there anymore. That was such a lovely tribute to her.

messymimi said...

That photo is so beautiful!!!