Saturday, May 2, 2020

Kooky Caturday Art

We're of course participating in Athena's Caturday Art Blog Hop.


We'll give you a fair warning that today's doodle is especially weird and wacky. Is this anything new, though? Hopefully you friends of ours are used to our weird and wacky ways by now, or at least unsurprised by them.

Anyway. I'll give a brief explanation, or preface, or whatever you want to call it. I enjoy following all things cat online, but I also enjoy following all those book and all things fantastical in online groups. That being said, I'm part of a number of bookish groups online, and the other day one of them got me inspired to create this weird doodle I'm sharing today. The topics that came up in that online conversation involved witches, cupcakes, and none other than the famous Hello Kitty. All of those things tumbled around in my head and then landed in my sketchbook looking like this:


You know how witches in all sorts of stories are often given feline familiars? Well, wouldn't Hello Kitty make a fun and fantastic feline familiar? That's one of the thoughts that popped into my head the other day and really got me thinking about creating this doodle. The cupcake was just an added bonus. And now I want a cupcake.

I also thought this doodle was suitable for another reason. The other day I heard someone comment on how we're halfway to Halloween. At least, at the end of April we were. As a fan of Halloween, I thought this was something to celebrate. So, this witchy doodle can also serve that purpose.

We hope you all enjoyed our doodle today, even if it is all shades of kooky!



***
Tip of the Day

Our second repeat tip relating to heartworms is to know the potential symptoms. Since heartworms can affect the heart and lungs, early symptoms can often resemble those of asthma. Coughing and a lack of desire or an inability to exercise are commonly seen. Other potential signs of heartworm disease include decreased appetite, weight loss, and vomiting. The more severe the heartworm infection, and the longer it is present, the more pronounced the symptoms may be. Severe cases may also involve fluid buildup in the abdomen, as well as acute symptoms of pulmonary or cardiac failure, often due to heartworms causing a blockage. If you have any concerns that your cat or dog might have heartworms, seek veterinary care as soon as possible.

9 comments:

messymimi said...

That is a fun doodle. Happy Saturday!

Eastside Cats said...

Don't know why, but I simply adore Hello Kitty!

Peachy, Stippie, Angel Binky and Granny said...

That's a magical artwork, Kitty😸Clean Pawkisses for a Happy Weekend. Stay Safe Healthy and Yourselfie🙏🐾😽💞

pilch92 said...

I love your drawing! Great tips too.

The Island Cats said...

This isn't weird nor wacky...it's adorable!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

I want a cupcake too! And I wish it was Halloween. Not really though, because I wouldn't be able to go shopping for fun Halloween stuff!

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

We love it!

Cathy Keisha said...

TW wants a cupcake but she already had ice cream today. Fun doodle.

meowmeowmans said...

We love your doodle! And we have a real soft spot for Hello Kitty, too. :)