Sunday, May 31, 2020

Guest Sunday Selfie

I've mentioned here before that my parents have 12 cats, and I'm pretty sure I've shared photos of them all here as well. Today, one of those 12 kitties is sharing a guest selfie. This kitty is brother to my Thimble. He is also brother to our housemate Toby, as well as his own housemate Talon, another of my parents' 12 cats. While Toby and Talon are relative look-alikes, Trapper and Thimble are even more so look-alikes. Their main difference is that Trapper is literally twice Thimble's size.

Anyway. I'll stop rambling and show you the selfie star.


Handsome, isn't he? Dapper Trapper is his nickname for a reason, after all.

Happy Sunday, friends!




***
Flashback Doodle of the Day

I'm feuding with my scanner again. I'm working on a new series of doodles that, perhaps unsurprisingly, stars books and cats. My scanner does not want to cooperate so that I can share these doodles, though. I will get this scanner situation sorted out for good today, but for now, here's another flashback doodle. I picked one that sort of leads up to the new series I will be sharing this week.


I don't use a ruler when I draw, which means lines in my doodles are bound to be crooked. This is one of those doodles in which that significantly happened. Just don't mind the tipsy window in the background.



***
Did you know?

Did you know that kittens in one litter can have multiple fathers? We've shared this fact at some point in the past, but we'll expand on it just as tad bit today. Cats are what you call induced ovulators, which means the act of mating itself stimulates the release of eggs to be fertilized. This means that when a cat is in heat, depending on how many males she encounters during that time, eggs can be released and fertilized by multiple males. Though perhaps not likely, it is not impossible for every kitten in a litter to have a different father. Superfecundation is the term that defines the act of multiple eggs from the same heat cycle being fertilized by multiple males. Though far more rare, this can also occur in other species besides cats, such as dogs.

12 comments:

Marg said...

Dapper Trapper, you are one handsome boy. You all have a fantastic day.

Pam and Teddy said...

Trapper is a handsome guy with great tabby markings!

Hugs, Teddy

The Island Cats said...

What a handsome guy Trapper is!

Catscue Catmom said...

Dapper Trapper is an appropriate name for that handsome boy!

The Swiss Cats said...

Trapper is a beautiful handsome boy ! Purrs

Timmy Tomcat said...

We thought that was Thimble. No hard feelings right big fella

pilch92 said...

Trapper is such a handsome boy. Nice drawing and excellent tips too.

messymimi said...

Trapper is handsome indeed. A pox on the misbehaving scanner!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Trapper is so handsome! Tech issues are just the worst.

meowmeowmans said...

Oh wow, Trapper most certainly is a dapper dude!

Dash Kitten Crew said...

He looks wonderful and boy is that eye sharp! Awesome!

Happy Sunday Selfie.

Eastside Cats said...

Trapper is one handsome tabby mancat!
Ruler, schmooler...do what you like, 'cause we adore your doodles!
Hope your scanner issues are resolved soon.