Friday, September 29, 2023

Friendly Fill-Ins and Blurry Eddy

Hello, friends! First of all, let me apologize if there's any formatting weirdness in this post. I don't know what's going on in my town, but we're without internet both at my house and at my workplace. So, this post is being worked on using data on my phone, which often gives me grief when I try to blog from it.

That all said, we're ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, and we'd love for you to join us. My co -host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. I find _________ annoying.

2. _________ is a favorite charity of mine.

3. I often have to explain _________ to others.

4. There's a lot of _________ in my life these days.


My answers are below in bold.

1. I find interruptions during my reading time annoying.
(I recently saw a meme about this, and I realized how true it is to feel annoyed when you're enjoying a good book and someone or something interrupts you. So, that's what popped into my head when answering this one.)

2. CATsNAP is a favorite charity of mine.
(This is the rescue group from where I adopted my girl Eddy. It's also the rescue group who helped me during the process of catching and seeking veterinary care for a neighborhood feral tomcat in need. My blog post on that is here, if you're curious.)

3. I often have to explain my furbabies' names to others.
(I don't feel like my kitties or pup have names that would be considered that outrageous, but I still often find myself getting some questions on them. People often have trouble understanding what I'm saying when I tell them pup Astrid's name, and once some little girls who met her on a walk just resorted to calling her Ostrich. I often get asked how Evan got such a human name, and my poor girl Eddy often gets called a boy, which does in fact make sense. Tonks is a name from the Harry Potter series, and anyone who doesn't know that tends to find her a name a bit unorthodox. Thimble is probably the name most admired by those who meet my furbabies, and I also happen to find it pretty darn cute, just like the kitty it belongs to. For the record, my mom came up with Thimble's name.)

4. There's a lot of Halloween moving watching in my life these days.
(I tried to think of what to put for this one, but really one of the most common thing in my life right now is trying to find any and every movie I can watch in the Halloween season. So, here we are.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

And now it's time for the Pet Photo Fails Blog Hop, hosted by none other than Melissa and Mudpie of Melissa's Mochas, Mysteries, & Meows.


You better believe blooper queen Eddy is here to share some outtakes. As always, she's happy to show off her blurry glory.



Happy Friday, friends!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day 




***
Tip of the Day

As we mentioned a couple days ago, September is Animal Pain Awareness Month, and so the last days of this month will include tips relating to that very topic. The previous tip was about some of the signs and symptoms you might notice if your furbaby is in pain. Today's tip relates to, of course, taking your kitty in for a veterinary exam should they be showing signs of pain. By way of examination and other potential diagnostic tests, a reason for any pain your furbaby is feeling might be deduced.

Moreover, if or when your veterinarian describes medications to treat or regulate your furbaby's pain, always monitor them closely. This is often especially important after the first doses of a new medication. Depending on the reason for pain, as well as depending on the individual animal, different medications can vary in their efficacy and side effects. Of course, some pain medications will, by nature, cause drowsiness or other such side effects. In some cases, though, there are other things to look out for. For example, some animals have noticeably adverse reactions to certain drugs, such as respiratory distress, hives or swelling, vomiting, or diarrhea. There are also cases when an animal might have a hypersensitivity to certain medications, making typical side effects, such as drowsiness, even more pronounced than anticipated or safe. Therefore, after giving your kitty or pup a pain medication (or, in truth, any medication), be sure to observe them carefully. If you notice any concerning or abnormal side effects in your cat or dog, of course do not hesitate to contact your veterinarian.

5 comments:

messymimi said...

People interrupting when you are reading is a real test of patience.

Eddy, you are amazing.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Adorable bloopers! I've found that people always chuckle when I tell them Mudpie's name MOL.

pilch92 said...

Great answers. I feel the same about being interrupted when reading. Cute Eddy bloopers and I like the drawing too. And your tips are great. My angel Sammy thought he was superman when he was on pain meds and always wanted to climb. XO

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Pawesome fill-ins, and Eddy is looking especially fang'a'licious today!

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Mum hates being interrupted when reading too. Nice blurry fail!