Friday, September 22, 2023

Friendly Fill-Ins and Snaggleteeth

Hello, friends! We're ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, and we'd love for you to join us. My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. _________, _________, and _________ are a few of my favorite things.

2. If I had _________, I would _________.

3. You don't have to be young to _________.

4. _________ comes with age.


My answers are below in bold.

1. Animals, art, and books are a few of my favorite things.
(I love my kitties and my pup, I love drawing as well as listening to the art known as music, and I love both reading and writing. And that pretty much sums it up.)

2. If I had a winning lottery ticket, I would donate to and assist with far more animal rescue resources.
(I've always wanted to be more involved in animal rescue in some way. I try to do what I can, but if I won or some way came upon a large sum of money, and if I could perhaps quit or at least cut back on the 9 to 5 work life, I would love to put more time and resources into animal rescue efforts.)

3. You don't have to be young to be silly.
(I really struggled on how to word this one. At first I tried to be all poetic and typed out, "You don't have to be young to have a child's heart." Then I realized it sounded like I stole those words right of Hannibal Lecter's mouth, so now you get this. Anyway. What I'm getting at is that, no matter how old you are, you can enjoy the little things or have childlike fun. I watch animated movies and sometimes read books written for a middle grade audience because sometimes that's what makes me happy and helps me have fun. So, be as silly as you want, no matter your age.) 

4. Self-acceptance comes with age.
(I feel like sometimes kids are so impressionable or are surrounded by so much peer pressure that they don't realize it's okay to be your true, genuine self. You don't have to fit into a mold, and it's okay if you like things that others find different or even weird. If it makes you happy, and as long as you're not causing harm to anyone or anything, you do you. I feel like that's something people realize more when they get older, though I wish people of all ages lived like that.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Are you ready for your Friday Eddy fix? You are? Well, good. Here's the tabby girl. Well, mostly, here's her adorable little snaggleteeth.


I love getting photos of Eddy's special little face. That's why you've seen more than one photo like this on our blog. I just can't help but snap shots of that adorable mouth on that adorable face. The right-sided facial nerve paralysis she's had since kittenhood is what makes Eddy's cute teeth do what they do, and I love it so much.

Happy Friday, friends!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day

Today's doodle is honor of the fact that, at least if you ask me, Halloween is right around the corner. I, personally, cannot wait.




***
Tip of the Day

Today's disaster preparedness tip is a rather specific one, and it is to consider using a pet rescue alert decal or sticker at your house. These decals or stickers are meant to alert rescue response teams as to how many and what kinds of animals are in the home. They can be placed on a screen door, on a window near a door, or somewhere similar where rescuers can easily see it. This type of information on what animals are in the home can help in the case of a house fire or any emergency evacuation, especially in cases when you are in any way unable to inform response teams as to how many and what kinds of animals are in the home and in need of rescuing. There are a variety of these decals or stickers available online, but one easy way to get them is through the ASPCA, as you can visit their website and order free pet emergency alert decals for your home.

Alerting emergency personnel of the animals in your home can help them to more quickly rescue your companion animals in the event of a fire or other emergency. This being said, though, please do ensure that any such decals or stickers are kept up-to-date. Not only is this important for ensuring that all animals in the house are properly accounted for, but is also important for the safety of emergency personnel. For example, if one of your furbabies has passed away but it is still included on an displayed pet emergency alert at your home, then emergency crews might put their lives at risk looking for an animal who is not even present. So, while these pet emergency alert bulletins can indeed benefit your pets' safety, also ensure that you use them properly in order to keep emergency personnel equally safe.

4 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Snaggleteeth!
She's so cute.

messymimi said...

I'd love to have more to give away, also. I always said when I grow up I want to be a philanthropist.

Eddy, you are amazing.

pilch92 said...

I enjoyed all your answers. I understand about wanting to donate more to animal causes. Cute shot of Eddy and great drawing. And your tip is excellent. I have been considering buying a bunch of those stickers rom Temu and giving them out at Christmas. Have a nice weekend. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Great answers, and Eddy is so adorable.