Thursday, September 7, 2023

Thoroughly Poetic Thankful Thimble Thursday

We are finally, after roughly an eternity, participating in Angel Sammy's Thoroughly Poetic Thursday challenge yet again.


This week's photo prompt is this absolutely adorable one here:

I am a big fan of panda bears. They're one of my all-time favorite animals. That said, I took some major liberties with this one. Since I always like to pair my poems not only with the prompts, but also with an illustration of my own, I looked through my doodles I have finished but haven't shared yet. I found one I drew on July 4th but just never shared, and it happens to star a panda. See?


So, using the photo prompt as well as that there doodle, I wrote this silly little poem:

Red, White, and Blue

Something here doesn't look quite right,
Though that's not to say it's a sickening sight.
I simply thought panda bears were black and white in hue,
But this one here is red, white, and blue.

Around my house are all sorts of weird things,
And that is absolutely the fault of my very own human being.
She brings home wacky goods all the time,
Such as this very patriotic panda at my side.

Don't you worry, though, little bear,
Because this regal orange tabby will give you attention and care.
We'll snuggle during nap time, that's what we'll do.
Oh, and my sincerest apologies if my majestic claws stab you.



***

And now it's time for Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop.


Today, Thimble is grateful that she's cute even when she has to give her human of a mom an eye roll.


And Thimble gives a pretty cute side-eye as well.


Thimble hopes seeing her adorableness helped brighten your day!



***

Last but not least, let's share the fill-in statements for tomorrow's Friendly Fill-Ins challenge. My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two, and I came up with the second two.

1. _________ your _________.

2. My plans for September include _________ and _________.

3. _________ has made my life easier.

4. _________ really complicates things.


We'll see you tomorrow, friends!



***
Tip of the Day

Today's autumn pet safety tip is perhaps a bit random, but it's still in line with our autumnal series. And what is this tip? It's to keep in mind that we're in the middle of grape season. As most of you know, grapes are toxic to cats and dogs. We're sure some of you also know that, in the Northern Hemisphere, grape season typically peaks from August through October. This is something of which to especially be aware if you live in or near vineyard territory. If you live in such areas, do be sure to keep an eye on your kitties or pups during walks or other outdoor activities. As for those who don't live in grape country, and also for those who do live in grape country, be sure to never feed your furbabies grapes or raisins.

4 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Excellent images of you, Thimble.
Our local zoo has red pandas; they are smaller than the giant pandas, but so cute!!!

pilch92 said...

I love your poem and your drawing. You are so creative. Thimble is a cutie. And your tips are great too. XO

messymimi said...

Thimble, you have quite the eye roll, your mommy better pay attention.

Your poem is just right!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Super cute poem, doodle, and prompt! And, of course, Thimble!