Monday, September 4, 2023

Mancat Monday: A Lazy Labor Day

Hello and happy Monday, friends! Today is Labor Day, an American holiday that more or less celebrates the work force. So, I get to stay home today with my kitties and pup. I certainly won't complain about that. And neither will my little orange shadow.



With that adorable face snoozing beside me, today I'll be having a lazy sort of day. That means I'll be happily working on some drawings. I also hope to get some writing and blogging done, and some reading. That's actually a decent enough segue to today's doodle. It's a brand new one, which means I scribbled it up weeks ago but only just this weekend got around to scanning and uploading it, along with many other drawings that have been sitting in limbo in my journal.

Anyway, here's today's doodle. 


You'll be seeing lots of new doodles from now on, because I've finally found my muse again and have really been cranking them out. And, as I mentioned above, I actually got them scanned and uploaded this weekend. Finally. I'm already starting on autumn and Halloween doodles, because I simply have to. That said, I have a hefty chunk of drawings still to share that have little to nothing to do with autumn or Halloween. Well, some of them are sort of spooky summer doodles, so I guess that's not true for all of them.

Rambling aside, to all of our friends in the United States, have a restful Labor Day! To our friends outside of the U.S., have a magnificent Monday!



***
Tip of the Day

Today's autumn pet safety tip is about those mushrooms we often seeing growing all over the place this time of year. The honest truth is that the majority of mushrooms that we see growing outside don't pose a huge risk to our furbabies. However, a small population of them can pose danger. What's more, it's often difficult to distinguish between the different types of mushrooms, especially if you don't know all that much about these fungi. Therefore, especially if you aren't familiar with types of mushrooms and the level of risk they pose to your furbaby, do be sure to monitor your furbaby when they are in your yard, on a walk, or anywhere mushrooms are growing. Prevent your kitties and pups from gnawing on and ingesting any mushrooms, so as to ensure they are safe from any hazards certain mushrooms might pose.

4 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Happy snoozing, Evan!

pilch92 said...

Evan is so cute. I wish I could kiss that little nose. I like the drawing and look forward to more of your new ones. Great tips too. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Sounds like a purrfect day! Love that doodle :)

messymimi said...

I'm glad you got a day off, I know how much extra time at home means to you.