Tuesday, February 2, 2016

A Cold Shoulder for the Camera (and the Three Day Quote Challenge: Day 2)

Sometimes my furbabies just don't want their pictures taken, and sometimes they make that abundantly clear to me. For some furbabies, it's all in the body language:
"Talk to the paw, Mom."
"I can't get far enough away from this crazy lady," says the Leaning Tower of Eddy.
 For others, the eyes say it all:
"Move along, Mom, move along."
"No, Mom. Just, no."
Well, since my camera and I have been rejected, I guess now is the perfect time to move on to the next fun matter of business for the day. I was recently nominated by Ellen over at 15andmeowing to take part in the Three Day Quote Challenge. I love quotes, and so I am happily participating in this challenge. There are three rules to this challenge, and they are:

1. Post for three consecutive days.
2. Choose and share one or three quotes each day.
3. Challenge three additional bloggers each day.

Yesterday was Day 1 of the challenge for me, and I chose a quote by the brilliant J.R.R. Tolkien. Today, for Day 2 of the challenge, I chose a quote by yet another author. It is another quote quite short and sweet, but I hear it's quality and not quantity that matters, so I guess that's all right. That all being said, here is my quote for today:

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." -Oscar Wilde

I have always held the strong belief that each and every one of us is unique, and that we are all unique for a reason. Being myself rather than simply trying to fit in with the crowd has been something for which I have always striven my entire life, and that is why this quote holds so much meaning for me.

Now, the last rule in this challenge is for me to challenge three more bloggers each day. I've chosen three blogs, but please feel no obligation or pressure to participate in the challenge. I know that not everyone has the time or desire to partake in blogging challenges, so please know that you only have to join in if you wish to and have time. That being said, here are the three that I've chosen to challenge today:

1. Animal Shelter Volunteer Life
2. Fur Everywhere
3. Hannah and Lucy

Happy Tuesday, everybuddy!

 

***
Our Tip of the Day:
Rather than buy a brand new pet bed or bedding for your cat and/or dog, try using something you already have. You can do something as simple as use some of your old clothing as a bed for you cat or dog - it will smell like you, and most animals love this and will happily use your clothing as bedding! You can also go as far as turning an old suitcase into a bed, especially for a cat or small dog. All you have to do is open up the suitcase, fill it with your old clothes, blankets, or some other form of bedding, and let your cat or dog discover this lovely new bed of theirs.

10 comments:

Marg said...

Oh I really like that quote.. Good one. Mom does give the kitties her old clothes and they love it. Sometimes we all shun the camera too.

pilch92 said...

They all look cute even if they didn't want their photos taken. Mine always know when to turn their head or blink their eyes it drives my crazy. I love this quote too- and thanks again for taking the challenge.

Annie Bear said...

Be yourself is such good advice!

Everyone looks cute even if they are shunning the camera. Kitties love all things comfy, even old clothes. :)

Hannah and Lucy said...

It's no good asking me to give a quote for Hannah and Lucy as I'm useless at that BUT I do let them both snuggle down in my old sweaters!!
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

da tabbies o trout towne said...

guys....another grate quote two day and grate fotoz az well !! ♥♥♥

The Island Cats said...

We don't like the flashy box shoved in our faces, either.

Excellent quote, too.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

I guess the whole crew just wasn't in the mood!

Anonymous said...

What? No Fotos???? Dat's not right, not right at all. We luv da camera. MOL Well wantin' it or not, everypawdy looks quite gawjus. We hope to start our quite challenge tomorrow. As fur beddin', da big bed is all we need. MOL y'all have a gweat day.

Luv ya'

Dezi and Lexi

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

My favorite one is "move along Mom, move along" lol!!! I get that look ALL of the time!!! Love the quote too, it's one of my faves catchatwithcarenandcody

meowmeowmans said...

We hear ya, gang. Sometimes, even the most photogenic furkids aren't up for pictures! :)

Thank you for nominating us for the challenge! Posting three days in a row might not be possible for us right now, so we'll have to think about how and if we are able to play along. :)

HUGS!