Saturday, February 27, 2016

Caturday Art

For today's Caturday Art blog hop, hosted by the ever awesome Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty, I have finished the next piece in my goofy series starring the furbabies in my life. So far you've seen my angel Rosie as a pirate, my pup Astrid as Dogzilla, my mancat Evan as a mermaid (aka, mercat), my little lady cat Thimble as RoboKitty, and my active kitty Eddy illustrated in all of her wall-climbing glory (if you'd like to see all of these as well as more my art, just click here). So, who's up next in this series? That would be our housemate (and Thimble's biological brother) Toby!

Perhaps you'd like a little explanation to preface this piece? Toby is my sister's cat, and both she and Toby live with me and my furbabies. What's more, thanks to fuzzball Toby, there's not only a plentitude of dust bunnies floating about, but there's also an impressive collection of cardboard boxes strewn about the house. What can I say? The boy loves him a good ol' cardboard box. That being said, I decided to incorporate Toby's love of boxes in my illustration of him. And so, without further ado, I now introduce you to this furry little cave monster (or perhaps "box troll" is a  more apt name?):


We hope everybuddy has a lovely Caturday!

***




***
Our Tip of the Day:
Are you tired of cleaning tips yet? If possible, comb your furbabies outdoors, or in a room of your house where loose fur can be easily contained and swept up. This helps to keep excess pet fur and dander from traveling throughout your house, and can therefore help to maintain a fresh a clean home.

16 comments:

Marg said...

Oh Toby, that is such a cute drawing of you. You look like such a cute kitty kat with all your boxes around you.We love our boxes here too. You all have a great Saturday.

pilch92 said...

That is adorable. Box troll :) I like that. My Penny loves boxes, but they last about a week until she feels the urge to pee in them. All your art is amazing, you are very talented.

Marty the Manx said...

What a sweet little Box Troll! We are "down to" three boxes on the sunporch, but have plenty of cubes and tunnels in the house :) So love you art!!!!! Have a fantastic Caturday!

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Wonderful artwork of you!

Purrs xx
Athena and Marie

Cathy Keisha said...

Don't we all love boxes? Love your drawing!

Annie Bear said...

Hee hee! Cave monster! Toby, surely you are the cutest box troll ever!

Kitties Blue said...

Beautifully drawn. Mom wishes she had some actual talent and could draw or paint. If we had our way, every box that arrived at the house would be ours to keep and play inside. Toby is a lucky kitty. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

Anonymous said...

Pawsum art. And those sure look like sum gweat boxes. We bet Toby is a very happy box troll. MOL And we luvved da kitty pile up on da bed. Have a gweat weekend.

Luv ya'

Dezi and Lexi

The Swiss Cats said...

Lovely drawing ! Purrs

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That is a cute drawing. It looks like a box castle.

The Island Cats said...

We would love a tower of boxes!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

That looks like a throne of cardboard boxes! Pawsome!!!

Anonymous said...

Very cute drawing!!!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Toby you sure are cute.
Happy Caturday!!
Annabelle, Boo, Ping, & Mr Jinx

meowmeowmans said...

What a fun picture of Toby! He's like the king of the cardboard box mountain! :)

sprinkles said...

This makes me smile. I used to have a kitty and he absolutely LOVED boxes! He got great joy from them.