Monday, February 1, 2016

Mancat Monday (and the Three Day Quote Challenge: Day 1)

It's Mancat Monday again, which means that today's post is brought to you by my one and only momma's boy, Evan!
That little pink, freckled nose of his gets me every time.
Now, for something else fun. I was recently nominated by Ellen over at 15andmeowing to take part in the Three Day Quote Challenge. I was very excited when I saw that she nominated me. I love a good quote, and I love a good challenge, so this made my day. There are three rules to this challenge, and they are:

1. Post for three consecutive days.
2. Choose and share one or three quotes each day.
3. Challenge three additional bloggers each day.

For Day 1 of the challenge, I have chosen one of my all-time favorite quotes, from one of my all-time favorite books by one of my absolute favorite authors. It's short and sweet, but it's one of my favorites nonetheless. Here it is:

"Not all those who wander are lost." -J.R.R. Tolkien

The last rule is for me to challenge three more bloggers each day. I've chosen three blogs, but please feel no obligation or pressure to participate in the challenge. I know that not everyone has the time or desire to partake in blogging challenges, so please know that you only have to join in if you wish to and have time. That being said, here are the three that I've chosen to challenge today:

1. The Cat on My Head
2. Cat Chat with Caren and Cody (and/or Dakota's Den)
3. Deziz World

Happy Monday, furiends! We hope this week is kind to you!



***
Our Tip of the Day:
Last Monday I gave the tip that sufficient water intake is very important for cats, especially males, in order to ward off urinary blockages and other issues relating to FLUTD (feline lower urinary tract disease). One suggestion I gave was to feed your cat moist food, and for today's tip I'm going to expand on that by offering suggestions on experimenting in order to find the kind of moist food your kitty most prefers. Some cats are very picky eaters, so try experimenting with texture, flavor, and brand of food. Some cats want to eat hardier, meatier food such as morsels in gravy, while others prefer softer food such as pates. Some kitties also may more readily eat moist food if additional water is added to it, forming a sort of soup. And while some kitties may like simple, plain meat flavors, others might prefer the more expansive or eclectic flavors out there. So, if your kitty is a picky eater, try a little experimenting. Of course, though, if you have any questions or concerns regarding what to feed your kitty, consult your veterinarian.

11 comments:

Fur Everywhere said...

Aren't orange mancats the best? Mes sure thinks so! Purrs, Carmine

From the Mom: great tip for water intake! Carmine has FLUTD (with struvite crystals). He eats a prescription food to absorb the crystals, but water intake is an incredibly important part of his diet. We have two fountains for him to drink from, which he enjoys more than a plain water bowl, and he gets fed canned food as often as he likes (usually 4-5 times a day, haha). He is picky about his noms and will not eat his food mixed with water. He seems to like pate better than the bits or flaked canned food. It is definitely a game of trial-and-error with him, especially since he developed his pancreatitis.

Thank you for sharing such important tips with other kitty owners - I am sure they appreciate it! :)

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

Oh how I love this boy! He is sooo handsome!!!!!!!! I wanted to THANK YOU soooo much for the INCREDIBLY kind words on Dakota's blog today. It means the world to me and you have no idea how much I appreciate it!!!! I normally don't participate in challenges, but....for YOU I will....and..........I am a QUOTE FREAK so this one I think I will enjoy. I am planning on doing them on Dakota's blog next Mon, Tues and Wed (will FORCE me to post on his blog more lol!!) I might recycle some photos with quotes that I used a while back, unless i can motivate myself to get my act together and come up with something new. THANK YOU for nominating us!!!!!
Oh and we ADORE your blog, you are so talented, so happy I met you in the blogosphere! xoxo

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood.....theeze R sum awesum snap shots for man cat monday !!! grate tipz az well and we all sew N joyed yur quote !!! ♥♥♥ happee week two ewe ~

The Daily Pip said...

I have always loved that quote as it can be interpreted in so many ways. And of course, I always love to see Evan - his little pink nose is so adorable!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Evan has a cute nose and an equally cute chin.
That is a very nice quote.

The Island Cats said...

We love that quote...probably because we do a lot of wandering around the house. :)

pilch92 said...

I love that quote, I have seen it with a photo of feral cats. Thank you for participating in the challenge- I knew you would have great quotes :)
Evan is adorable. And the tip is great.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

He's just scrumptious!!!

Annie Bear said...

It's just not possible to tire of seeing adorable Evan's face! I just love him! That's a great quote (love what Island Cats said, LOL) and a really great tip.

meowmeowmans said...

LOVE that quote! And of course, we love Evan, too. :)

Sarah said...

When you said "expansive" in the Tip of the Day, I definitely read it as "expensive." I think that's probably a reflection of what the animals in my house tend to like the most!