Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Same Old, Same Old

Looking at all of the photos I have of my pup Astrid, you all must think that I post just the same few pictures of her over and over again. She sure has particular photo shoot places and poses she prefers.

One of Astrid's favorite places in the house is the window facing our backyard, where the wildlife and neighborhood cat foot traffic is heaviest. Astrid loves to perch on the back of the couch in front of this window and gaze out, which I've been noticing has been making up a large fraction of my most recent pictures of her.

I'd like to say that I got her to shuffle it up a bit for today's post. But, alas, I cannot say that. So, for today, here are a couple new shots of Astrid yet again doing her usual thing:

Now, for today's Valentine art...If I was going in my usual order of things, Thimble's Valentine would be posted today (when I'm doing a series of pieces for the furbabies in my life, I try to keep it all fair by creating and posting the pieces in the order I adopted or met them). But, I've decided to wait until Thursday to post Thimble's Valentine, since that will, in fact, be Thimble Thursday.

So today, I'm instead doing the next closest thing by posting the Valentine I created for Thimble's sort of twin of a brother, Trapper. In case you don't remember or don't know, Thimble has three biological brothers, all of whom are still in the family. Trapper lives with my parents, and he's my big (very big!) buddy. So, here it is:
It's all in good fun, Trapper (aka, Big Boy)!

Have a lovely Tuesday, furiends!



***
Our Tip of the Day:
How about a training tip today? When doing training sessions with your dog (or even your cat, if your kitty is one of the few willing to take advisement from a human), positive reinforcement in the form of treat rewards can be a great tool to use. Try using truly enticing treats that your dog will really want to work for, such as soft and chewy treats with a strong smell. If your dog is picky about treats but trains best with a food reward, then try getting creative and using a food (a safe one, of course!) that you know your dog likes. For example, if your dog likes peanut butter, try using little dollops, licks, or perhaps even frozen balls of peanut butter as a reward for completing a command. Of course, always be sure to monitor how many treats or how much food your dog is getting, as these should not make up any significant portion of your pup's diet.

13 comments:

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

Oh I know what you mean, I get a lot of pictures on the cat tree because that's where they want to be! And the ham-mocks, always on the ham-mocks! I love the look on Astrid's face, she clearly loves her view!
Love the valentine too!

Marg said...

We love the pictures of you Astrid. And the card of 'Big Boy' is just terrific. We have three cats around here that look like that. Big kitties. Too cute.

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Yeah, our pictures are pretty much the same too. We have slowed down considerably in our "old" age. You all must feel so safe and secure with such a sweet guard dog. You are doing a great job, Astrid!

pilch92 said...

Astrid is so pretty. Nice to meet you Trapper, how nice that all the kitties are in the family.

wildcatwoods said...

Astrid looks good in all the pics. Love the Valentine of Trapper. Happy Mardi Gras!

Cats of widlcat woods

da tabbies o trout towne said...

astrid....I wont even allow my photo to be taken, or if I do, it has to be from 9 miles away and no closer !!! that's an awesome valentine trapper ♥♥♥

dai$y =^..*=

The Swiss Cats said...

Those are lovely photos of you, Astrid ! Purrs

The Island Cats said...

You can't imagine the pictures the mom has of us sleeping on the bed together. Hundreds! Seems like we do it a lot. :). Nice pictures of Astrid! ~Ernie & Wally

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Trapper sounds like a sweetheart! And pictures of Mudpie always seem to be shot in her regular hang-outs too :)

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

I have to laugh because when I take photos of Cody and Dakota they always seem to be in the same poses and often, the same places! I laughed out loud when I saw Trapper today. I took a photo of Cody early this morning (before I saw this!) in the same pose.......hoping if my procedure goes well tomorrow I will post the photo on Friday!
catchatwithcarenandcody

Annie Bear said...

Well, Astrid has her spot and it makes her happy. She's got a nice window and view. Like others, it's the same here too, at least with Annie. She's always in the bed in front of the big window or her hammock in the summer.

Trapper's Valentine is adorable!

meowmeowmans said...

We always love seeing adorable Astrid. We can understand why she likes that window; it sounds as though there's a lot to see through that glass! :)

Trapper's Valentine is terrific!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Astrid looks sweet in her favourite spot for watching everything that happens outdoors. Most of my photos in the winter are on the bed, on my ham-mick or beside the computer. I don't like to go outdoors as much now I am getting older. Mum is hoping we will get more photos in the fields when the weather is better. Trapper's art is lovely.