Ellen, as well as Annie and Pierrot, invited anyone who wants to participate in this award to do so. The rules are:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog in the post.
2. Copy the rules and add the blog award badge as an image.
3. Share 7 facts about yourself to your fellow bloggers.
4. Then nominate up to 15 people.
And so, I've scrounged up seven facts to share with you. First and foremost, I'm sharing a fact about each of my furbabies. And then, last, are a couple facts about myself. So, here they are:
1. Angel Rosie's favorite flavor of baby food was ham. In her geriatric years, we administered most of her oral medications by hiding them in baby food, and she was almost certain to get every last bit if they were given in ham baby food.
2. Astrid's tail didn't have its characteristic curl when my sister and I first rescued her. She kept her tail straight for weeks, and then one day she just decided to reveal that her tail is in fact curly!
3. When I first brought Evan home as a kitten, I warned my family members to keep their hands to themselves and to never let him near their faces. After all, after being dumped outside the clinic where I worked as an injured, semi-feral kitten, Evan's razor sharp teeth quickly earned him the nicknames of Shark and Alligator. Back then, I thought that he would never be the kind of cat you could pet, hold, or cuddle much, if at all. (Turns out I was very, very wrong. My momma's boy now loves to snuggle and sleeps by my face every single night.)
4. Thimble loves to look at her own reflection. She'll jump onto the bathroom counter and perch herself in front of the mirror there for long periods of time. And she'll also get on top of the fish tank just to gaze at herself in the mirror hanging on the wall behind the tank. She's also not above staring at reflections of herself in glass doors and windows.
5. Eddy came to me with the name Daya. I renamed her Eddy because, during the adoption process, the rescue group warned me that her head tilt sometimes caused her to spin in circles. An eddy is a whirlpool, and so I was just twisted enough to name my spinning kitty Eddy. (Although her head tilt is still present, Eddy no longer spins in circles.)
6. Although I love to draw and muddle my way through all sorts of arts and crafts, I despise painting. This probably has something to do with the fact that I'm terrible at it.
7. I love to read, and my favorite book genre is fantasy. Of course, fantasy with cute animal characters is the best of the best!
Like Ellen and Annie and Pierrot, I want to invite anyone who would like to participate in this award to please do so. Or, even if you just want to share some fun facts about yourselves with us, please do! I know I'm not the only one who loves learning more about you fellow bloggers out there.
Happy Friday! And, of course, a very happy birthday to Mo over at the Cat Blogosphere!
Our Tip of the Day:
Although it's a popular game to play, be cautious and cognizant when using a laser light as a toy for your furbaby, and I don't just mean because of possible damage to the eyes. It is true that both dogs and cats may indeed enjoy playing with the laser light, but also keep in mind that playing with something yet not being able to feel the accomplishment of actually catching it can ultimately frustrate your furbaby. As predators, cats and dogs instinctively feel a desire to catch their prey, and if it (the laser light, in this case) always ultimately vanishes and evades capture, that can become quite discouraging for the animal. If your cat or dog seems to genuinely enjoy playing with the laser light, perhaps consider doing this for short amounts of time, and then end the game by throwing some treats where the laser light is last seen so that your furbaby can feel as if they did indeed catch a reward. Or, try a different yet similar game, such as using a wand toy with your cat or a simple ball or frisbee with your dog.
Concatulations on your award ! It was fun to learn more about you ! Purrs
Concats on your award - we love learning stuff about you all.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx
Congrats on your award and it was great fun hearing all the different facts about all of you. It was fun seeing a picture of Astrid outside. We like the curly tail.
I am so glad you did this, and you are definitely worthy of the One Lovely Blog Award. We love your blog!
This was so fun to read about each of the fur babies. That is so funny about Astrid's tail! I remember Rosie getting that dish for Christmas. My beloved Lucy loved baby food ham too. I can't really blame Thimble for loving her reflection. I love to read too, and if there are kitties, those books are the best (in my opinion).
Thanks so much for doing this!
Great tidbits about you and the furry gang.
Cats of Wildcat Woods
Nice knowing more about "the gang." TW will usually toss me a toy after shmousy laser. My Aunt Pauline writes fantasy and some of her books have cats in them or other critters. Oh, and you're featured in today's Foto Frenzy.
guys....conga ratz on yur award....we N joyed reedin thiz post & lurnin all bout everee one...N we a gree bout de lazer...round heer itz fun for like 3 minitz & 17 secondz...afturr that we looze interest coz we canna "catch" it....
heerz two a flathead sculpin kinda week oh end ♥♥♥
That was interesting to learn those facts about all of you. That is a good tip about the laser pen.
Thank you for participating. It is nice to learn more about you and your furbabies. Rosie was beautiful.That is too cute about Thimble looking at herself. Great tip on the laser, Stinky used to love to play laser and Prancie does too- I will make sure I give her a snack next time. :)
I'm new to your blog and was happy to learn these facts about you and your furbabies! Your babies are beautiful! And that's a good tip about the laser. We have never had one for the very reason you give--didn't want my kitties to feel frustrated. But the idea of throwing treats where the laser is beaming is a great one!
I always love learning more tidbits about my favorite bloggers :)
Congrats on your award. We enjoyed learning more about all of you. How funny that Astrid's tail just decided to curl one day. :)
I was going to be an Art Major in college.....I draw but I also don't paint, I hate painting as well :)
Concats on the LOVELY AWARDIE! Well deserved...
Congratulations on your well-deserved award, dear pals! We really loved learning more about you through your 7 things. :)
Post a Comment