Sunday, June 21, 2020

A Father's Day Flashback

We want to begin this post by wishing a happy Father's Day to all the dads out there! Whether your children are the human sort or the furry and four-legged sort, dads help make this world go round.

The furbabies here don't have a human dad, but this here human has a dad. He is a wonderful father to me, my sister, and to all of his 12 kitties. He's also a fantastic Pawpaw to the kitties and pup here at my house.

My dad is a lifelong animal lover. He's obviously one of the reasons I was blessed enough to grow up with cats, dogs, birds, and all sorts of furry, feather, and finned friends. He's also probably the main reason why there are so many cats at his house as well as my house, as he's responsible for bringing home a large majority of the cats in our lives. That all started with the litter of kittens that not only included my Thimble and our housemate Toby, but also my dad's boys Trapper and Talon.

In honor of Father's Day, the photo we're sharing today is a fatherly flashback one. It's from 6 years ago, to be exact. It stars my dad as well as a couple of tiny kittens named Thimble and Trapper.


I want to wish my dad a fantastically happy Father's Day! I could not be more proud of my dad's kindness to animals, and I could not be more happy that he helped instill in me a love for animals. Thank you, Dad!

Oh, and the doodle I'm sharing today is the card I scribbled up for my dad for this Father's Day. This card of a doodle was inspired by my dad's life with 12 cats. His cats love him so much, and they never want to leave him alone. They're always trying to help him, no matter what he's doing. In this doodle in particular, I decided to use the fact that my dad is an avid gamer, and his cats regularly cause mayhem when he plays his PC games. They sabotage my dad, but he loves them anyway.


Given that my dad and mom have 12 cats, that doodle obviously only stars a small fraction of their kitties. Those 3 kitties, though, are Foggy, Talon, and Gilly, the most likely ones to keep my dad company and sabotage him while he plays his favorite PC games. Tuxie Talon especially has a talent for that sort of sabotage, as he has a fondness for keyboards. He's always happy to help my dad, and he and my dad have a special bond. It's a wonderful thing to witness.


HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!





***
Did you know?

Today, we're going to share the same quick little piece of trivia we shared last Father's Day. It's a sweet little tidbit, and it's that some sources cite that male Siamese cats are the most likely feline fathers to express an interest in, or fondness towards, their kittens. As is the case with many species, most male cats don't display much interest in interacting with their kittens. As previously mentioned, though, some sources indicate that male Siamese cats are the most likely to break this mold, being the most likely to show affection toward their kittens.

15 comments:

The J-Cats said...

Those little kittens are utterly adorable.

The Florida Furkids said...

Happy Father's Day to your Dad. Sweet photo and adorable doodle.

The Florida Furkids

Marg said...

How great that the whole family loves cats. Have wonderful day.

pilch92 said...

You are blessed to have such an amazing Dad ( your mom sounds wonderful too). Happy Father's Day to him. And the card is adorable.

Catscue Catmom said...

What an amazing Dad you have! Happy Father's Day, spoil him rotten!

Timmy Tomcat said...

We love our Dads who are animal lovers and have passed that love down to us. Wonderful Doodle

Eastside Cats said...

Happy Father's Day to your pop!
I will disagree that male cats don't take much of an interest in kittens; we've all seen images of male cats caring for litters of kittens, and I witnessed our own Hobo, kitten-sitting Sweetie's babes, while she took some time for herself in another part of the yard. Will never forget watching Hobo pretend to be surprised by a wobbly kitten attack, and how he licked them and wrestled with them. And he was NOT the father of these kittens.

Pam and Teddy said...

Hope your Dad has a wonderful Father's Day. Dads are great - I love my Mom for sure but my Dad and I are "buddies and pals". Enjoy your day with all the "Dad time" you can get!

Hugs, Teddy

Maggie said...

Your Dad brought you up well! Happy Father's Day to a perfect role model.

The Island Cats said...

Happy Father's Day to your fantastic dad!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

He sounds like a pawsome cat dad!

meowmeowmans said...

Your dad sure sounds like an awesome dad to humans and felines alike. Happy Father's Day to him, and dads everywhere!

Dash Kitten Crew said...

This is thr sweetest photo and the kittens look so precious. Happy Father's Day!

Erin the Cat Princess said...

What a lovely card to send, and such fun too. Who could not enjoy a cat joining in and playing with their family ;)
Purrs
ERin

messymimi said...

What a wonderful father you have!