Saturday, June 20, 2020

Caturday Art

My poem and accompanying illustration on Thursday involved a tree house. You know that log cabin series of doodles I've been working on (and which I'll continue to share this upcoming week)? Well, before I even saw the poetry photo prompt that inspired my tree house poem and doodle, I had planned on giving that log cabin a tree house roughly in its back yard. So, that tree house doodled up for our poem is actually also part of our log cabin series. What's more, today's doodle is a sequel to Thursday's tree house image, but this time we're inside the tree house instead of outside of it. Our tuxie cat tour guide is of course already in the tree house to welcome us.


Our poem on Thursday involved a quirky magician old fellow, pointy hat and all, who lived in the tree house. My log cabin and tree house doodles are actually more concept art for the stories I'm writing, though, and this tree house is not in truth inhabited by a wizard-like old man in a pointy hat. I'm just rambling now, though, and I'm sure none of this presently makes any sense. For anyone who might be interested, at some point in hopefully the not-too-distant future I'll share more about the stories I'm writing. I myself believe they're a lot like my doodles, if that makes any sense.

Happy Caturday to all!




***
Tip of the Day

Did you know there are cat trees on the market that are meant to look like a real tree or jungle setting? This is in large part to make the cat tree look and feel more like a wild cat's environment. These jungle-looking, leaf-decorated cat trees are often not cheap, but there's also the option of building one yourself, should that interest you. You can even find ideas or building plans for cat trees online, and some of them offer ideas on how to incorporate real tree branches as well as faux greenery into a cat tree. There's even the option of sprucing up a cat tree you already have to look more like a real tree. This might especially be an option if you have a cat tree that's already in need of some TLC or restructuring.

If a true tree-like or jungle-like cat tree is something you end up having in your house, whether you buy it or build it yourself, of course make sure all parts and pieces are safe for your individual cat. Some cats do not chew on non-food items and so you may not have to worry about them chewing on parts and pieces of their cat tree. Other cats, though, are chewers or tend to be more active or ornery. This is why it's important to make sure that all building materials on a cat tree are safe for your specific cat. Will your cat try to chew on fake leaves if a cat tree is decorated with them? If so, maybe that's not an option for your cat, as ingesting material such as faux greenery could lead to gastrointestinal issues such as a blockage. You also have to make sure that decorations added to cat trees, such as aforementioned decorative leaves, do not pose the risk of your cat getting caught or tangled. All of these precautions of course go not only for jungle-like cat trees, but for any cat tree. Always be aware of ropes, toys, screws, and other parts of a cat tree, and make sure everything is secure and safe for your particular cat.

10 comments:

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Cute art.

World of Animals, Inc said...

Thanks for sharing this wonderful treehouse doodle with us. It looks like a comfy place to hang out in. We wish we build a treehouse when we were younger. It would be so cool. Have a fantastic rest of your weekend.
World of Animals

pilch92 said...

That is a cute doodle. I can't wait to read a story to go with it. I have seen those cat trees, I wish I could afford one.

Eastside Cats said...

I would build a cat climb using a tree trunk, bark and all, then make it tall enough for the cats to be able to walk between floors! Yes, I'd cut a hole in the ceiling/floor for my cats!

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

It all sounds fascinating and the doodle is lovely!

Cathy Keisha said...

Nice big tree house! I don't think I'd like those cat trees with the fake leaves and TW definitely wouldn't. Dust magnet.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

That is cozy beyond words!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Your art is so, so pretty! Thank you for your kind words about our sweet Zoe, we appreciate it.

meowmeowmans said...

We love how your artwork is so whimsical!

messymimi said...

Your doodles are always so joyful.