Friday, June 12, 2020

Friendly Fill-Ins

I'll start by thanking those who informed me yesterday that the photos in our post were not visible. Lately, I've been having issues with Blogger allowing me to upload photos to our posts. I was having trouble with that when preparing yesterday's post, and I thought I'd found a way around it. Apparently, though, my solution wasn't a solution at all. I have since regained the ability to upload photos to my blog posts like usual, and I've also started using the new version of Blogger in case the older version was starting to glitch out on me (for those who have not yet tried the new version of Blogger and are wondering, the new version seems incredibly user-friendly and self-explanatory). I believe I fixed all the photos on yesterday's post, and I hope to avoid further issues of that sort. Thank you again to those who alerted me to the issue. If you ever see an issue on my blog, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Now, how about the Friendly Fill-Ins? In case you'd like to participate but missed the fill-in statements yesterday, we'll share them again here. Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two, and I came up with the second two.


1. June is a good month to _________.

2. I love to play _________.

3. I'm not ashamed to admit _________.

4. I'd rather not _________.


My answers are below in bold.

1. June is a good month to crank up the air conditioning.
(I'm not the kind of person who enjoys heat and humidity, especially when I'm just sitting around in my house. This is just one reason why summer isn't necessarily my favorite thing in the world. I'm more of an autumn kind of girl. We've been regularly having 90°F days since May, and so my air conditioning has been running for weeks on end already. Is it autumn yet?)

2. I love to play fetch with Tonks.
(My calico girl Tonks loves to bring me toys. What's more, I learned early on that she likes for me to throw said toys. Sometimes she'll run after them and bring them back, and other times she'll chase them and then bat them around on her own for awhile. Her favorite time to do this is when I'm working out in the living room or when I'm cooking in the kitchen. I have learned to play fetch with her while doing both.)

3. I'm not ashamed to admit my love for animals.
(My love for animals infiltrates almost every aspect of my life. I know there are people out there who would judge me for that, and I've had people do just that. Some people just aren't animal people, and I have literally no ability to comprehend a life like that. Luckily, I don't care what others think of my love for animals or my overall lifestyle, and my love for animals will simply always be one of the biggest aspects of my life.)

4. I'd rather not leave my furbabies home alone.
(I've mentioned this multiple times in the past. There's nothing I enjoy more than being home with my kitties and pup. I'm a homebody through and through. This is probably why one of my goals in life is to be able to work from home. Until I am able to find a way to work from home, I keep an eye on my furbabies throughout the day using some cameras I've set up in my house.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Now, how about your Eddy fix? 


Window whiffies are few and far between these days, given that opening the windows invites 90°F breezes into the house. The kitties enjoy them when they can, though, Eddy included.

Happy Friday, friends!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day

Today's doodle is another flashback one starring books and a cat. Actually, it's an homage to the fact that my angel Rosie used to keep me company during my reading sessions. She did so from the time I was a child until I was an adult. My Rosie was the best friend I ever could have asked for. 


Tomorrow is technically the last doodle in our new, current bookish series. That being said, we'll of course have plenty more future doodles that star books alongside cats. It's just that for the time being we're moving on to a new series of doodles, which we'll start sharing on Sunday.



***
Tip of the Day

In today's post I mentioned having cameras set up in my house to help keep an eye on my kitties and pup when I'm away from home. If you're not able to stay home regularly with your furbaby and are worried about what they might get into while you're away, perhaps consider using something such as security cameras that you can access when away from home. This might especially be beneficial if you have a cat or dog with a medical condition, if you have a new kitten or puppy who is active and not contained, or even if you simply are away for lengthy periods of time and want to be able to check in on your furbabies. To be honest, I also have a hopefully unreasonable fear that my house will catch on fire when I'm not home, and so I also bought cameras in order to regularly verify that my house and furbabies are not in danger of fire.

All the above being said, you do not have to save up hundreds of dollars to have security cameras installed in your home. You can buy relatively cheap cameras online, some of them for just $20-$40. Many of these simply need an outlet, WiFi, and some sort of app or program for a phone or computer. Some of them might need less than that, and some of them might need more than that.

I am very much so not sponsored, but I thought I'd go ahead and share the link to the camera I bought for my house. If you'd like to check it out, keeping in mind this is just one example of a basic home security camera, just click here. It's usually approximately $30 for one of those cameras. With this particular camera, I had to install an app on my phone. I bought 3 of those cameras, for different areas of my house, and all 3 of them can be accessed from the same app. In the app, I can pick which camera to view, I can both see and listen to what's going on in my house, and I can even press just a single button to talk to my furbabies should I need to. I can rotate each camera to see a wider view, and I can even record video or capture a snapshot from what the camera is viewing. Again, though, this is just one example of a camera you can set up in your house should you need to or want to keep an eye on your furbaby while you're away from home. There are many security camera options you can research, and these options might be cheap or expensive, might have less or more capabilities, and so on and so forth. Perhaps simply consider whether you are away from home often, if your kitty or pup might do well to be supervised even when you're away from home, and then do your research on cameras should you decide you need or want one.

14 comments:

messymimi said...

We ae not huge fans of the heat, either, although i tolerate it better than my Sweetie does. That’s such fun that Tonks will play fetch. James Herriot wrote about a cat that would play fetch, it was one of my favorite stories in his books.

Thanks for the fun doodles and advice on cameras. We are in and out of the house all day, but on occasion both of us are gone for a few hours working together. It’s great to know if we decide we need a camera it’s not that terribly expensive as i feared.

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Sweet doodle and photos!

I would rather not leave my furbaby alone either :)

Marie x

Pam and Teddy said...

Great filling in.....we don't have a security camera here BUT we have a security system that is tied into the fire alarm which alerts the fire department. We are almost ALWAYS home too so there's that. A camera is a wise idea if you are away from home a lot and have pets. Safety is #1!

Hugs, Pam

The Florida Furkids said...

Great Fill-ins. Raz loves to play fetch! We have cameras in our house too. Mom spies on us when she's not home.

The Florida Furkids

Yvonne said...

Great answers as always. I always hated heat and humidity growing up. So imagine my surprise now that I'm older and we just moved to Florida. LOL I don't mind it so much anymore, but we do have central a/c here and it's on all year round. When it's really humid, I'm inside. I admit it :)

Tonks sounds like my Kit. Kit will "fetch" or bat her toys around after you throw them to her.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Eastside Cats said...

Eddy, smiling!
Ya know, when I worked at the office, I was in air-conditioning all day long.
Now, at home, we don't have any...or rather, one stinkin' window thing, with fans blowing the cool air around.
Here's hoping we have a mild summer!

pilch92 said...

I love all your answers. We are so much alike in wanting to be home with our furbabies and not liking hot weather. That is cute that Tonks likes to play fetch. My angels Stinky and Noel were fetchers when younger. I saw your photos yesterday so you must have had it fixed by the time I visited. Eddy is a cutie. Very nice drawing and excellent tips. Have a wonderful weekend. XO

Marg said...

Our Salty loves to play fetch too. She does it for hours. We love being home h out kitty kats. Hope you have a great weekend.

violaetcetera said...

We are lucky and I am home most of the time. But we also installed cameras, so we can keep an eye on the furbabies when they are alone. During my long hospital stays it was so good to be able to see them whenever I wanted. Cameras are a blessing!
Have a wonderful weekend!

The Island Cats said...

Enjoy those window whiffies while you can, Eddy. It's cooled down here considerably...only gonna be in the high 60s tomorrow...so our windows are all open!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

It's way too early to be getting so hot. I'm already ready for fall too. LOVE your #3 SO much! And it's funny, working from home is something I always strived for too, but I really don't like it! Of course being with Mudpie 24/7 is wonderful, but I have the hardest time focusing!

Cathy Keisha said...

I love the new Blogger. It's very user-friendly and self-explanatory. I've been on it for almost a month but I've heard about the glitch in the old version. I love for TW to either throw things or shoot those rockets and I run through the tunnel but I don't chase them down. I keep running and TW fetches the rocket. Pop wants the ac running from the time it hits 60 but TW tells him no. We have it on now but TW may turn it off later to take advantage of the night breeze.

The Swiss Cats said...

Great photos ! Pixie loves to play fetch too ! Purrs

Peachy, Stippie, Angel Binky and Granny said...

Those were great answers to the fill-ins. We feel the same about answer three and four. Granny and I are Summer girls, we love the heat😸 Eddy looks so sweet while taking the whiffies and we love your doodle...as always ;) Pawkisses for a wonderful Weekend🐾😽💞