Friday, June 19, 2020

Friendly Fill-Ins

It's Friday. Isn't that wonderful? What's even more wonderful is that it's time for the Friendly Fill-Ins. If you'd like to participate but missed the fill-in statements yesterday, we'll share them again below. Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two, and I came up with the second two.


1. _________ motivates me to _________.

2. I put salt on _________.

3. When it comes to _________, I don't cut corners.

4. Never forget _________.


My answers are below in bold.

1. My calico angel Rosie motivates me to be creative.
(Of course all of my furbabies inspire me, but I can't deny that I used to draw, write, read, and simply spend lots of time with my beautiful Rosie. After all, she was with me from the time I was 4 until I was 26. That's probably why she inspires me and therefore stars in a great many of my drawings. And you know those stories I've mentioned I'm writing? Rosie plays a part in those as well. It wouldn't feel right if she didn't.)

2. I put salt on nothing.
(I rarely if ever crave salty food, and I don't salt anything I cook. This may or may not have something to do with the fact that I crave sweets far more than I crave salty or savory food. I'll pass you the salt if you pass me the sugar.)

3. When it comes to my furbabies' care, I don't cut corners.
(They are my furry, four-legged, ornery little children, after all.)

4. Never forget where you came from.
(I think those who fail to remain humble and fail to remember their roots have the potential to grow big heads and even bigger egos. I'm not saying I get to judge anyone based on their success, wealth, fame, or anything like that. There are plenty of successful, wealthy, and even famous people who are kind and respectable. I simply believe that none of that means a thing if you don't remember where you started and what it took to get to your final destination.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Are you surprised that your Eddy fix today comes in the form of photos that might as well be bloopers? No? Yeah, we're not surprised either. I begged Eddy to look at the camera for even half a second, but since she was enjoying window whiffies, she outright refused. So, what you get today is a view of Eddy's whiskers, a view of her tabby cheek stripes, and overall just the side of her face and neck. We hope you don't mind, because Eddy would agree to nothing more than that.



Happy Friday, friends!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day

Since we've been sharing all sorts of woodsy, weird, wacky, and somewhat whimsical new doodles, we thought we'd share a flashback doodle from last year that's in that same vein. So, here you go.




***
Tip of the Day

Today's tip is one we've given in various forms in the past, but it's an important point that came up in one of our fill-ins today. One of the fill-ins above was about salt, and so we'll use this time to remind furbaby parents that salt can be very hazardous to cats and dogs, and a kitty or pup ingesting too much salt can lead to salt poisoning. Signs of salt poisoning include vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, excessive thirst, seizures, or even coma. In addition to being found in salt shakers, salt can of course be found in certain human foods, such as chips, fries, many canned soups or other canned meals, cured ham, and many others. It's not just food that can be the culprit of salt poisoning in cats and dogs, though. Dangerous salt can also be found in items such as de-icer and even homemade play dough. All in all, be aware that even simple ingredients like salt can pose significant risks to our cats and dogs. Therefore, even if they're begging for a taste, keep dangerous food away from your furbaby for their own health and safety.

14 comments:

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Pawesome fill ins! And definitely swap you salt for sugar! MOL happy Friday XX

Pam and Teddy said...

Great filling in! I love SWEET and I love SALTY to I'm in big trouble both ways. HAHA Even if we have "ear selfies" from Eddy they are still super!

Hugs, Pam

The Florida Furkids said...

Great Fill-ins! We think Eddy's photos are great.

The Florida Furkids

Yvonne said...

Great fill ins! I can't blame Eddy for choosing the window over getting his pic taken. It's like cat TV :)

Have a great weekend!

Marg said...

Those are some mighty good fill-ins. It is great fun to look out a window. We all love doing that. Have a perfect day.

Eastside Cats said...

I do not salt anything either, and I don't purchase it for the office either. Only one person over eight years has asked me for salt for his lunch, and I just shrugged.

pilch92 said...

Those are great fill-in answers. I had the same for #3. And I love that Angel Rosie is your
inspiration for drawing and writing. I don't salt food either. Good job with the bloopers Eddy. Hope you have some more for Pet Photo Fails next week. Excellent tips too. Have a nice weekend. XO

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Great doodle and pics of Eddy!

Mum prefers sweet food as well. She is a chocoholic after all :)

violaecetera@yahoo.com said...

I think people who keep in touch with their roots mentally are more grounded, laid back and happier because they have a solid basis to come back to. That can be so important.
Have a great weekend!

The Island Cats said...

Something sure has Eddy's attention out there!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

I feel the same way about salt! And the cats in my life have definitely sparked my creativity more than anything else.

messymimi said...

Wonderful answers and thanks for the Eddy fix!

Cathy Keisha said...

2, 3 and 4 definitely. We don't even own a salt shaker. Eddy loves the whiffies as much as I do only now it's way not hot and I have to look through the glass. Sigh. That art should be sold and used by a liberry or something to show how books can take you to a whole new world.

Sandee said...

Sorry I'm so late. We went on a cruise with another couple and it's hard to blog when you're on a boat.

Love all your fill-ins. I know how you love your babies, but #4 rings for me today. I know some folks that have let their success go to their heads.

Thank you for co-hosting the Friendly Fill-ins.

Have a great week. ♥