Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Toesies Tuesday

Yesterday, Evan showed you all how happy he is when the sun shines through the windows. Today, he wanted to share another photo from the same photo shoot as yesterday's. For this one, though, he made sure to show off his toesies. After all, it's Toesies Tuesday!


That lighting might not be the best, but Evan hopes you enjoy his toesies and his silly pose! Happy Tuesday!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day

Starting tomorrow we'll finally be able to share our newest series of doodles that star books and cats. (Thanks for finally working, my non-trusty old scanner.) As one final bookish flashback doodle, here's what I scribbled up for my dad last Father's Day. As a bit of an explanation, when my sister and I were growing up, our dad often read us bedtime stories. He happily read us J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit when I was roughly 3 or 4 (I inherited my love for fantasy for him). I loved that story back then, and I still love it tot his day as an adult.


That book there has a hobbit house sprouting out of it. That's what that strange little thing is, and I know that might make no sense whatsoever.



***
Did you know?

Did you know cats sweat through their paw pads? We've made a brief comment or two on this before, and you've all also probably witnessed it for yourself. Cats not only sweat through their paws to help them stay cool when it's hot, but they also do so when they're stressed. Have you ever seen your kitty's wet paw prints on the counter or tabletop at the vet's office? That's because the kitty is nervous and sweating through their paw pads. Those adorable paw pads serve a great many purposes!

9 comments:

Pam and Teddy said...

Looks like a good stretch and snooze Evan! Great toesies too.

Hugs, Teddy

The Island Cats said...

Cute jelly beans!

Eastside Cats said...

Years ago, Paddy O'Malley seemed in real distress during a particularly hot and muggy time. I poured water all over him, and dipped his paws in water too. The water was tepid. He's a cold-weather kitty; the summertime is not his favorite season, but he's got me to help him.

World of Animals, Inc said...

Happy Toesies Tuesday, Evan!! We love seeing your cute toesies and seeing you're having a pawsome day in the sunshine. Thanks for sharing the cute photo. Have a wonderful rest of your week.
World of Animals

Robin said...

Those are some cute jelly beans, Evan! Paw pads are cute and functional. :) I hope that you are having a pawsome day.

pilch92 said...

Those are great toesies. Very cute drawing and excellent tips.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Can I tickle those toesies?

messymimi said...

Beautiful toes, lovely doodle.

meowmeowmans said...

What a cure doodle. A book with a Hobbit House growing from it surely does sound fantastic!

And Evan's toesies are adorable!