Friday, June 5, 2020

Friendly Fill-Ins

Welcome to Friday! How about some Friendly Fill-Ins? If you'd like to participate but missed the fill-in statements yesterday, we'll share them again here. Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two, and I came up with the second two.


1. _________ is like trying to nail jello to a wall.

2. _________ never _________.

3. If I had a dollar for every time _________, I would be rich.

4. I wish _________ grew on trees.


My answers are below in bold.

1. Trying to trim Winky's claws is like trying to nail jello to a wall.
(I trim the nails of the all the cats in my immediate family. That's the 6 cats at my house and the 12 cats at my parents' house. Of all 18 of those cats, Winky is the only one that sometimes doesn't successfully get a full nail trim, simply because she refuses to cooperate in any way, shape, or form. No matter what trick we try, the girl goes berserk during nail trims.)

2. I have never flown on a plane.
(I intend on keeping it this way. The mere thought of flying terrifies me.)

3. If I had a dollar for every time my kitties lost a toy under the couch, I would be rich.
(I regularly have to do what we call a "couch cleanse". That means we grab a yard stick and slide it every which way beneath the couch, until all the toys emerge from their early grave. Most of the toys end up back under the couch in a matter of minutes. I'm thinking I'm not alone in this.)

4. I wish books grew on trees.
(This wouldn't only spare the trees' lives when it came to producing physical books, but it would also just be really cool. If they existed, I would plant a dozen book trees in my yard.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

We know last week was blooper week, but blooper queen Eddy had a few blooperish moments to share again. Not all that surprising, really.




Don't you just love Eddy's snaggletooth? I love her snaggletooth.

Happy Friday, friends!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day




***
Tip of the Day

One of our fill-ins today talked about toys getting lost beneath furniture, in our case this being the couch. Though this here human hasn't wizened up and blocked the area beneath the couch, there are ways you can do this in order to prevent toys from getting lost down there. For example, if you look it up online, you will find that there are blocks or shields on the market for keeping toys from escaping under the couch. Many of these blocks are clear, which means they won't ruin the aesthetic of a room. You can also DIY your own beneath-the-couch blocks with a blanket, towel, pool noodle, or even a door draft stopper. The latter, a door draft stopper, is also a great way to keep toys from going under actual doors, such as closet doors. And what about toys that go under the refrigerator, stove, laundry machines, or other appliances? It's likely not safe to use anything cloth to keep toys from going under such appliances, because of fire hazards and the like, but there are still options. One simple option is to use pieces of window screen to DIY blocks for gaps beneath appliances. So, consider saving your kitty's toys and your sanity by using safe yet effective blocks beneath furniture and appliances.

12 comments:

messymimi said...

Yes, i love Eddy’s snaggletooth, too.

There was a story i read once about books growing on trees. You had to wait until the book was fully ripe, otherwise the story didn’t make any sense, but once it was ripe, it was a full book to enjoy reading. Now, of course, i cannot for the life of me remember where i read that, what story it was in.

You have some great ideas for prevention of toys getting under things, i hope you can come up with some way to get Winky to at least tolerate her mani/pedi. If you’ve tried catnip and silvervine, and neither gets her loopy enough to just ignore what you are doing, maybe the vet could suggest a light sedative in pill form you could give at home. Nothing to knock her out, just make her groggy enough not to fight back,

The Island Cats said...

We think Eddy looks adorable with her snaggletooth. And we can't believe you've never flown on a plane. We bet few people can say that these days.

Marg said...

Eddy, you are looking mighty good with that perfect tooth. I have flown on an airplane but never again if I can help it. Have a fabulous Friday.

Eastside Cats said...

Actually, I believe books do grow on trees...at the library! The only drawback; sometimes one must wait for someone else to finish with the book at I want...RIGHT NOW...and I have zero patience.
I think I'll work at the library when I retire from my full-time job.

Yvonne said...

Love your answers! Aside from Winky, you must be an expert nail clipper. We end up having to take the girls for their mani and pedis to the vet.

Love the pics!

Have a great weekend!

Sandee said...

Love your fill-ins and you're never flown on a plane. We refuse to fly anymore, but we've been all over the place in airplanes. It's rarely pleasant anymore. Such clods. Okay that's not why you won't fly.

Thank you for co-hosting the Friendly Fill-ins. I look forward to participating each week.

Have a fabulous day and weekend. ♥

Sherrie said...

Hi,
I've never been on an airplane either...and I don't want to...it terrifies me to get more than 3 foot off the floor. Great idea for keeping kitty toys safe from the couch. Have a great day!

pilch92 said...

Those are great answers to the fill-ins. I love the idea of a book tree, especially now while the libraries are still closed. I am impressed that you trim so many cats' nails. Eddy is a cutie. I like the drawing and tips too. I always take a broom and run it under furniture before vacuuming, I also do that at my niece's house because her kids lose puzzle and game pieces all the time. Have a nice weekend. XO

Pam and Teddy said...

Great fill-ins......I wish books grew on trees too - we are surrounded by woods here and that would be a LOT of books!

Hugs, Pam

World of Animals, Inc said...

Eddy, we just love the adorable photos of you. We enjoyed your friendly fill-in answers. We have the same thing with the toys under the couch. Our favorite is when one of our kitties comes walking out with a toy in their mouth and a toy that we haven't seen in months. Thanks for sharing. Have a pawsome weekend.
World of Animals

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Pawsome bloopers and darling art! I've never flown either.

Cathy Keisha said...

Those pics of Eddy were great. No bloopers there. Pop has never flown on a plane neither. After pulling cat toys from under furniture in the old house, TW put pieces of wood under all the furniture in the condo. No place to lose anything here.