Saturday, August 8, 2020

Caturday Art

Hello, friends! I will be sharing a Caturday Art doodle, but it will be up later today. I've been fighting with my internet since yesterday, and it's still not cooperating this morning. I'm typing this using the data on my phone, but I need my actual computer hooked up to the internet in order to upload my Caturday Art contribution. There are days when technology makes life easier, and there are days when it tests my patience to limits I never knew I had. Anyway, I hope to get my internet sorted out very soon, but if nothing else, I'll just go to my parents' house later and make use of their internet.

Long story short, I hope your weekend is getting off to a lovely start, and if you'd like to see our Caturday Art, it will be up later today!


EDIT: The internet issues seem to finally be resolved! The only problem is that it's nearly evening now. Because of this, I've decided that the Caturday Art we'll be sharing today is going to be a flashback one. I just don't know how I feel about sharing our newest doodle so late in the day. After all, as we mentioned yesterday, we're moving on to a new series of doodles inspired by Edgar Allan Poe, I'm really quite excited by this new series of doodles, and I hate to share the first one so late in the day. So, the first Poe-inspired doodle is now ready and queued up for tomorrow.

What flashback doodle will we share today, then? We're going all the way back to 2018. What's more, this doodle is a sort of summery one. The reason we're moving on to doodles inspired by Edgar Allan Poe is because I'm already eager for autumn and Halloween. Before we move on to those macabre vibes, therefore, we'll share a flashback summer doodle to even things out.

S'more, anyone? Or would you prefer a flaming marshmallow?


***

Tip of the Day

How about a common sense tip all of you probably know? It's still an important topic, though, so we'll go ahead with it. This tip is to keep your kitty or pup's safety in mind when partaking in any bonfires, cookouts, and the like. An open fire like the one in our doodle is of course a major safety hazard, so if your cat or dog joins you in any such activity, keep them well away from the fire. Whether this means keeping them on a leash far away from the fire, in a caged area removed from danger, or simply keeping them inside, do what you must to ensure your furbaby's health and safety. In addition, if you're having another type of cookout, also keep your kitty or pup away from grills and any other heat sources. What's more, keep other factors of cookouts and summer events in mind. For example, a curious and hungry furbaby might try to steal the makings for s'mores, or any other food left in their reach. To avoid potential food toxicity, pancreatitis, or any other number of ailments that can result from eating certain foods, keep watch over those furbabies and make sure they don't get into any trouble as a result of you or someone you know having a cookout of any kind.

5 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Bummer! Hope you get it squared away quickly!
Happy International Cat Day!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

I completely understand after the month-long internet nightmare I went through earlier this summer!

pilch92 said...

INternet troubles are such a pain. I love the flashback, so cute. And excellent tips too.

meowmeowmans said...

We love your artwork, but are sad you had those internet issues. Glad you seem to be okay now. We are looking forward to your Poe-inspired doodles! Dad was a comparative literature major in college, and loves Poe!

messymimi said...

Smores, yum! Hope your internet behaves it self.