Sunday, August 9, 2020

Sunday Selfie

 Evan snapped an excited, off-center selfie for you all today!

Evan just can't control his excitement when he's rolling around in sun puddles. He hopes you all don't mind. In fact, he's wishing you all lots of your own sun puddles today!



***

Doodle of the Day

After a fight with our internet that put a kink in our Caturday Art plans yesterday, we're finally sharing the first doodle in our newest series, which stars Edgar Allan Poe and his beloved cat, Catterina.



***

Tip of the Day

If your cat goes outdoors, do your best to keep them from catching and eating prey. Of course, also do so in the event that prey finds its way indoors. Though in the wild cats consume prey to survive, domesticated cats who are fed by their people don't need prey in order survive. What's more, this prey could potentially get your kitty sick. For example, a variety of prey, such as mice and birds, could lead your kitty to developing tapeworm. Birds and mice can also pass on to a cat diseases such as toxoplasmosis, and salmonella is another disease that cats can get from birds. Some such diseases could not only make your beloved kitty sick, but could be passed on to you. There's even the probably rare but still possible chance that a cat could choke on or get an obstruction from the skull of a mouse or bird that they eat and that gets stuck. From what I've seen first hand at the cat clinic where I used to work, cats can indeed get the skulls or mice or birds lodged in their throat, intestines, and so on and so forth. So, all in all, to prevent disease and injury, simply do your best to keep your kitty from consuming prey.

12 comments:

Smudge said...

Hmm, Evan may get excited, but I know when I get in a nice sun puddle I just get all groggy and sloth-like. I was trying to enjoy one in the back bedroom the other day and mom and dad had the nerve to try to work on a puzzle that just happens to be laid out on a board right where I wanted to snooze. Can you imagine?!

The Island Cats said...

Your selfie is purrfect, Evan!

The Florida Furkids said...

Nice Sunny Selfie.

The Florida Furkids

Eastside Cats said...

Evan, so adorable!
Funny you mention cats catching prey; I just came across the pics I took of the one time The PO'M presented me with a dead bird. When I moved it off of the deck and into the garden, he actually brought it BACK, like "MOM! It's a present for YOU!"
Ugh...

meowmeowmans said...

Evan, that is a creative and handsome selfie.

We loved seeing Edgar, Catterina, and the Raven!

Timmy Tomcat said...

What a fun Doodle and we always like seeing Evan. Great header too

Erin the Cat Princess said...

I have to say that the lighting on the selfie makes a delightful highlight to Evan's whiskers!
Have a safe week.
Purrs
ERin

pilch92 said...

Evan is a cutie. I love the new drawing. Great tips too. Glad my cats can't get to any prey.

Lola The Rescued Cat said...

Evan, I love rolling around in sun puddles, too! It's the best.

Dash Kitten Crew said...

Evan is the sweetest cat ever. I hope he has the best sun puddle day EVER!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Adorable selfie! And I have a feeling I'm going to LOVE this new series!

messymimi said...

Rolling in sunshine, what a fun, happy thought! Great doodle, too.