Friday, August 7, 2020

Friendly Fill-Ins

Happy Friday! There are so many fantastic things about Fridays, one of them being the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge. If you'd like to participate in today's fill-ins but missed the statements yesterday, we'll share them again below. Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two, and I came up with the second two.


1. One word to describe my week is _________.

2. My biggest success has been _________.

3. Not to brag, but I _________.

4. For me, _________ is the meaning of life.


My answers are below in bold.

1. One word to describe my week is typical.
(I'm a homebody who thrives on routine. So, every week for me is pretty typical. If my week is not my typical routine, I'm probably really thrown off and not terribly pleased. I don't like surprises, I'm not one for spontaneity, and you get the idea. Call me boring, but I like having my routine, typical life.)

2. My biggest success has been providing for my furry family.
(Ever since I was a little girl, I always wanted my own home with my own little family of furbabies. That's the kind of lifelong goals childhood me strove to achieve. And so, when I reached adulthood, got a full-time job, bought my house, and realized I was indeed providing what I hope is a good life for my kitties and pup, I felt a major sense of achievement. This is the kind of life and family I've always wanted, and realizing that I have been able to achieve it makes me feel grateful and admittedly proud. There are still a great many more goals and dreams I have in life, but being able to provide the best life I can for my furry family tops any list I could make.)

3. Not to brag, but I can eat an entire box of cereal in one sitting.
(I've always had a big appetite. Especially on days when I'm really active, I can knock back a lot of food. An entire box of cereal is one such example. I'm not promoting this as advisable, mind you.)

4. For me, embracing the interests and talents with which I was born is the meaning of life.
(I feel like there's a reason why I was born with a love for animals, with a love for drawing, with a love for writing, with a love for reading, and so on and so forth. I have a passion for all of the things I just mentioned, and so to me, the meaning of life is to do what I can to use those passions for some semblance of good. From caring for animals in need to creating art or writing that might bring even one person joy, I feel like those are the endeavors that bring meaning to my life, and a meaning to the interests and talents with which I was born. There's a good chance none of that made sense, but hopefully you get some idea of what I mean.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Ready for your Eddy fix? This tabby girl has been enjoying some window whiffies again. See?

Eddy and all of us here hope your Friday is filled with sunshine and maybe a window whiffy or two!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day

This time last year, I was getting eager to draw Halloween drawings. The same goes for this year. Last year, to itch that scratch, I drew a short series of doodles that were not blatantly Halloweenish but that had a certain sort of macabre feel to them. One of those doodles was distinctly inspired by Edgar Allan Poe, and that's the flashback we're sharing today. Oh, and this flashback doodle is also a huge hint at the new series of doodles we'll be sharing on our blog starting tomorrow.



***
Did you know?

In line with today's flashback doodle, we're sharing a repeat bit of trivia that we shared right around this time last you. So, did you know that Edgar Allan Poe had a beloved cat named Catterina? We're thinking some of you do know this, especially since not only have we mentioned it before, but a certain famous tortie named Mudpie has also mentioned Catterina before on her and her human's blog, Melissa's Mochas, Mysteries, & Meows. Some have said that Poe's Catterina was a black cat, but it is now commonly believed she was a tortoiseshell cat. Either way, Catterina is believed to have played a significant role in the lives of both Poe and his wife, Virginia. It is said that Catterina often kept Poe company when he wrote, and that she kept Virginia company during her battle with tuberculosis.

12 comments:

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Love your whiskers, Eddy!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

1. One word to describe my week is WET.

2. My biggest success has been Avoiding Wet.

3. Not to brag, but I Survived Getting Wet Outside.

4. For me, getting DRY after getting WET is one meaning of life.

` MARLEY

The Florida Furkids said...

Great photo of Eddy!!

Your Fill-ins were super. Mom laughed at #3 in her case it's Cheetos or chips.

The Florida Furkids

Yvonne said...

Another great fill in week! We had the same answer for #2 :) Beautiful Eddy pic! Have a great weekend!

Eastside Cats said...

If Catterina slept on Virginia's chest, like Sweetie does to me...it couldn't have helped her breathing!

Sandee said...

Love your fill-in answers. It's good that your heart is so focused on your babies. It's a wonderful thing.

Thank you for co-hosting the Friendly Fill-ins.

Have a purrfect day and weekend. ♥

messymimi said...

Excellent fill-ins, lovely Eddy, and a very macabre doodle. Thanks for hosting!

Cathy Keisha said...

I hope your goal of #2 lasts a lifetime. When TW got older, she couldn't care for the house any longer and got the condo. Now that she and Pop are both on SS, they might have to give up the condo. She feels like a failure although they'll never give me up.

Hi Eddy!

pilch92 said...

I love your answers. You sure are a great mom to your furbabies. I wish I had a typical week instead of a powerless one. Very impressive with the cereal. And I am glad you found what you are here to do, you drawings and writings do bring joy to many, myself included. Eddy is a cutie and I love the drawing. XO

The Island Cats said...

How's that air smell, Eddy???

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

I recognize that doodle very well!!! Those must be some good whiffies :) Love your answer to #4...you bring joy to so many people (and animals) with your talents!

meowmeowmans said...

Your fill-ins were so much fun, Mom LorianneA! Number three made us laugh, mostly because we resemble that one. lol.

Looking good, Eddy!