Monday, August 31, 2020

Mancat Monday

 Evan loves him some sunshine at the front door, even if he does sometimes have to share it.


Do you see those treats on the front porch? Those are for the neighbor cat. I was hoping to include him in this picture, but he got distracted and moved out of view right before I snapped the photo.

We hope you all have a sunny Monday!


***

Flashback Doodle of the Day

Today's flashback was created this same time last year. It was in honor of the end of August and the impending month of September. On September 1, I begin celebrating the hope of autumn. What's more, September 1 is my angel Rosie and her brother angel Sammy's birthday, another reason it's one of my favorite days of the year. So, last year I scribbled up this doodle in honor of Rosie and Sammy as well as in honor of autumn, whenever it might arrive.

Tomorrow we'll be having a bit of a birthday bash for angels Rosie and Sammy. Feel free to join us!


***

Did you know?

Do you know why you never see orange cats who are not tabbies? This is because the gene that makes a cat orange is also responsible for making a cat a tabby. In brief, the orange coat gene masks the gene for solid fur color. So, if a cat is orange, it must be a tabby rather than a solid color.

8 comments:

Lone Star Cats said...

Enjoy da sun Evan!

Eastside Cats said...

Tomorrow is Ginger Cat Appreciation Day!
I have a friend who always has gingers or calicos.
We haven't yet had a ginger at Eastside Cats, but hopefully, one will choose us someday.

Timmy Tomcat said...

We always like seeing Evan at his door. That is a Classic Doodle showing the change to fall. Love it

pilch92 said...

Evan and Thimble are cuties. I like the flashback. I sure do miss our ginger tabby, Prancie. XO

AngelicClowder said...

Awww I'm glad Evan is enjoying his sun puddle even if he doesn't share. YAY FOR PUMPKIN SEASON!

The Island Cats said...

Too bad you can't get those treats, Evan!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Bring on September! I always give treats to neighbor kitties too :)

messymimi said...

Let the sun shine in, Evan!