Friday, August 21, 2020

Friendly Fill-Ins

Hello, Friday! Hello, friends! Who'd like to join us for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge? If you're here to play along, we'll share the fill-in statements again below. Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two, and I came up with the second two.

1. I feel like _________. 

2. I wish I could exchange _________ for _________.

3. It's time for me to _________.

4. _________ is really tempting these days.


My answers are below in bold.

1. I feel like 2020 is never going to end
(2020 needs to take a hike. It's a complete and total bust.)

2. I wish I could exchange my co-workers for cats and dogs.
(Not to be harsh, but I'm not a people person and I'd much rather work with cats and dogs than my human co-workers. Do you think I can swing this? I work at a chemistry lab, so I don't know about the success of this plan. Then again, as I'll also discuss in #4 below, my preferred future would involve me working from home. Then I would be happily working with my furbabies as my co-workers, or as my bosses.)

3. It's time for me to mow.
(My yard is getting a bit shaggy, so it's time for another mowing session. I've mentioned here before how, though I'm probably in a minority here, I actually enjoy mowing. Though I'm a homebody and love relaxing indoors with my kitties and pup, I also do enjoy time outdoors in nature a couple hours a week. I get that nature time by mowing and by walking pup Astrid, two activities I do indeed enjoy. In the summer, of course, these activities are done either early in the morning or in the evening.)

4. Hiding in my house with my furbabies is really tempting these days.
(I'd honestly love to quarantine with my kitties and pup, but my workplace is an essential business so that has never been an option. Then again, I'd like to stay home with kitties and pup even when we're not in the middle of a pandemic. I've said it before, but I'll say again how one of my goals in life is to work from home. I'd love to be my own boss, but to also have my furbabies as my co-workers. Actually, the furbabies would more accurately serve as the bosses.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Who's here to see Eddy? All of you? Good. Here's her derriere.



I didn't ask Eddy for shots of her derriere, but she refused to show me her adorable face. So, derriere it is.  Oh, and don't mind the poor, tattered cat tree. It's just really well-loved.

Have a fantastic Friday!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day

There's been some discussion on mowing in today's post, so I thought I'd share this flashback doodle, which was inspired by mowing as well as my love for Halloween.




***
Tip of the Day

Especially if your kitty or pup has known allergies or asthma, do your best to refrain from bringing an excess of allergens into the home after doing yard work or even after going for a walk. If you mow, garden, go for a walk, or do any activity that introduces you to lots of grass, pollen, dust, dirt, and all that jazz, consider what your shoes and other clothing might introduce to the home. Are your shoes green with grass? Is your shirt covered in pollen from your garden? If so, consider removing or somehow cleaning them before bringing those allergens into the home where your kitty or pup walks on the floor or cuddles against your clothing. Some furbabies are not bothered by allergens, but others might have reactions such as sneezing, coughing, itching, or even skin lesions if exposed to too many allergens. In addition, especially if a walk or other outdoor activity takes you to unfamiliar places, you might come into contact with various fertilizers, insecticides, or other such chemicals. These can be equally or more harmful than typical allergens. All in all, keep your kitty or pup's health and safety in mind even when simply coming in from time outdoors. Fresh air might seem harmless, but it is possible for allergens or chemicals in nature to cause uncomfortable or severe reactions in your kitty or pup.

15 comments:

Lone Star Cats said...

My momma does the mowing here (and Bowie's momma does the edging, etc.) She doesn't mind it, it's satisfying when it's done.

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

We need to mow here but the grass is still wet from all the rain.

Staying home with furbabies is the best life :

Pam and Teddy said...

Well Eddy's derriere is cute so we don't mind seeing it! Good job on the filling in too - I'm happy to hide with Teddy at home these days. That's what I call QUALITY time!

Hugs, Pam

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Supurr fill-ins, to mow or not to mow that is the question?! MOL Nice to see mew Eddy! Happy Friday! XOX

Eastside Cats said...

Hold onto these photos for Tocktober!

pilch92 said...

Great answers to the fill-ins. I understand why you prefer the company of furbabies to people and I hope someday you can work from home. Nice flashback and Eddy has a cute little hiney.
Excellent tips too. Have a great weekend! XO

Yvonne said...

Great answers as always. I can identify with a few of them. I'm more than ready to say goodbye to 2020. Have a great weekend!

Timmy Tomcat said...

We agree that this year is draaaaaging on. Eddy that is a fine set of Tocks you have there

The Island Cats said...

Eddy, we're going to be honest...that's not your best side. ;)

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Your doodle gave me the biggest smile! Eddy, your tushie is precious!

messymimi said...

Excellent answers to your fill-ins, i’d love to work from home, too.

Eddy certainly did enjoy showing off her tock, it looks like.

Mowing can be fun and relaxing, if you aren’t sweating to death in the process. For a couple of summers i had a push mower with no motor, and i would get up every morning at 5am and go push for 20 minutes. That was my daily exercise, and i would start at the front of the yard and mow my way to the back, and by the time i got to the back fence, it was time to start the front again.

Anne Robinson said...

Thank you for being an essential worker. My hubby is too and sometime people forget to say thank you. I love being home and I am blessed that I have that! I Love the pets so watching their various antics make my days happy. Sometime people think I am mean about the masks or the stay at home order.But I have been home for the past 4 years so it is nothing new to me. I am a law abiding citizen so I never need reminders of wearing my mask at the store and such. But the cats and dogs here, they would never question me that way and I like it! HeeHeeHee!
In fact this afternoon my daughter was on her lunch breaks as she is able to work from home, her pup Loki was sleepy, she took a short video. He was fluttering his eyes but he wanted to watch her. It was so cute. Sometime other people don't get that! That is what I Love about being home, the non judgement from the felines and canines.
I like how you think. enjoy those loves of your life. They really love without asking for much :-)
Have a wonderful weekend and HUGS across the miles XO

Sandee said...

Love your fill-ins. Working from home was something I never got to do. I love kitties and pups, but I love people too. Okay, I'm an extrovert. I'll admit that.

Thank you for co-hosting the Friendly Fill-ins.

Have a fabulous weekend. Scritches to your babies. ♥

Cathy Keisha said...

Thanks for cohosting the fill-ins. Looks like Eddy is in need of a new cat tree. MOL! The human of Kruse Cats worked in a chemistry lab too. She worked with all the cool drugs like codeine.

Nani said...

Wow, we never thought about sharing the Fill-ins with our mom. She's living the dream. She stays home and works for us. But she can't walk and she keeps saying she wishes she could work. We don't really understand that because her job is to pet us and give us treats until daddy gets home.

Marco and JD (Julie Danielle) Catinez