Friday, November 3, 2017

A Fun and Festive Friday

As always, we're going to kick off Friday with the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, hosted by our wonderful friends at 15andmeowing and McGuffy's Reader.


Our hosts have given us some fantastic and festive fill-ins.

1. My favorite part of November is _________.
2. Every November, I _________.
3. For me, peace _________.
4. So far, my upcoming holiday plans _________.

Here's what I came up with for these:

1. My favorite part of November is Thanksgiving.
(Cliché answer, huh? That being said, I won't lie, Thanksgiving is not my favorite holiday. But, I still enjoy it. It's a wonderful time to visit with and be grateful for family and friends, and for all the blessings in our lives. Not to mention there is some yummy food to be had. And, of course, Thanksgiving means we're that much closer to Christmas.)

2. Every November, I bake lots of pies.
(In the past couple of years, I have developed a newfound joy for baking pies. It is now a tradition of mine to bake pumpkin, pecan, and chocolate pudding pies for any Thanksgiving gathering I attend. I love making them and sharing them with family.)

3. For me, peace is a quiet night at home with the furbabies.
(I am most comfortable and at peace when I'm at home. I am a homebody, and I find great peace in the simplicity of sitting on the couch and cuddling my kitties and pup.)

4. So far, my upcoming holiday plans include our usual family traditions.
(I'm a grown adult now, but my family's holiday plans are still very similar to what they were when I was a child. My parents, my sister, and I all get together and celebrate the holidays just like we always have. It makes me feel like a kid again. I love it.)


Now, who's ready for Eddy?


In true Eddy style, this is a perfectly blurry and unprofessional shot. We wouldn't have it any other way!

Happy Friday, friends!



***
Our Doodle of the Day:




***
Our Tip of the Day:
Today we're continuing our tips on how to keep your furbaby safe around Thanksgiving and all holiday foods. We've so far mentioned the importance of keeping garlic, onion, and other alliums away from your kitties and pups, as well as grapes and raisins. Today we have yet another obvious one that we're sure you all know, and that is chocolate. Chocolate contains theobromine as well as caffeine, which both can be hazardous to our furbabies. It is therefore of course safest to keep your furbaby away from chocolate cookies, cakes, breads, puddings, and candies, and anything containing chocolate chips or other chocolate components. In this same line of thought, all sweets are best kept out of reach for the health and safety of your cat or dog. Excess sugar can be unhealthy and dangerous, as can foods containing artificial sweeteners such as xylitol. As always, when in doubt, do not feed it to your furbaby.

14 comments:

Marg said...

Your answers are just great on the Fill-ins. I love my peaceful home too with all the cats. Eddy, you are looking mighty fine today. Have a really nice day.

Anonymous said...

Well, bring on the pie! My dad loved chocolate pie. That was his favourite holiday pie. My stepmom always made that for him, too. He would actually hide it! She would find it in odd places, like the linen closet or the garage. They were funny together. I miss them both. Thanks for bringing that memory back. HUGS.

pilch92 said...

Thank you for participating in the fill-ins every week, you always have such wonderful answers. Your family is so lucky that you love to make pies, those all sound yummy, especially the chocolate. I am with you when it comes to the peace of being home with the furbabies.
Eddy looks great, like a glamour shot. Cute drawing too. And another important tip.
Have a nice weekend!

Eastside Cats said...

Eddy, you are a cutie! Have never been a pie person, but I still remember how wonderful my sis-in-laws pear pie was one Thanksgiving; fruit picked from their own tree. Sublime!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

wavez two ewe eddy frum de land oh trout.....yur lookin gorgeouz two day az all wayz... hope mom cookz ewe N de crew sum piez thiz week oh end....salmon, bloo gil, trout, perch ....~~~~ ☺☺♥♥

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Chocolate pie, yummmmm! Eddy has a sweet little face.

Lone Star Cats said...

We do pumpkin and pecan pies for Thanksgiving.

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat said...

Eddy's perfect! My family holidays were almost always ... err ... traumatic. I guess it's not a big surprise that I don't get too excited anymore. Though, I'm with you about being most comfortable at home with our furbabies!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Any mud pies in your repertoire? :)

Annie Bear said...

We wouldn't either regarding Eddy. Her pictures are perfect that way.

I bet your pies are yummy!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

The Turkey day is coming soon!

Anonymous said...

Great answers.......November is the "lead in" to Christmas and these two months are back to back "family" for us. I too bake pies and start looking forward to joining hubby's brother and his wife in their mountain cabin for Thanksgiving. A tradition and one we love. Hope that you have a PEACEFUL weekend!

Hugs, Pam and Teddy too

Kitties Blue said...

Our mom enjoys eating pie! She does make killer pumpkin and pecan pies, but she only does it for a special occasion. Wishing you a blessed family Thanksgiving! XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo and Cooper Murphy

The Island Cats said...

All that talk about pies...the mom wants a slice of pumpkin pie with whipped cream. Wally just wants the whipped cream. :)