Friday, November 24, 2017

Festive Friday

We hope all of our US friends had a wonderful Thanksgiving! And we of course hope that all of you have had a wonderful week!

Now, this week is coming to an end. That's okay, though, because that means it's time for the always fun Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, hosted by our friends over at 15andmeowing and McGuffy's Reader.


I was again so happy to see such festive fill-ins this week.

1. I start to decorate for Christmas/Hanukkah _________.
2. I prefer a _________ Christmas tree because _________.
3. The best thing about the holidays is _________.
4. The worst thing about the holidays is _________.


I hope my answers are even half as festive.

1. I start to decorate for Christmas on Black Friday.
(I always really, really want to decorate far earlier. But, I also always do my best to give Thanksgiving its time to shine. So, I can usually make it only as far as the day after Thanksgiving before I'm decking the halls. We're getting to it today around here!)

2. I prefer an artificial Christmas tree because I can't keep a plant alive to save my life.
(I have the farthest thing from a green thumb, and watching a tree suffer and die in my house doesn't make me feel all that festive. Of course, I also love to leave to my tree up from Black Friday all the way through the 12 Days of Christmas, and a real one might not make it that far even with a better caretaker than myself. Also, I'm 110% certain that a real tree would not survive Eddy.)

3. The best thing about the holidays is the magic of the season.
(Does that make sense? For me, personally, there really is something magical about the atmosphere around Christmastime. It's such a powerful time of the year, in more ways than one. On top of that, there are so many beautiful, glowing Christmas trees to see, Christmas music to hear, Christmas lights to admire, Christmas cookies to enjoy, and so much more. There's just no other time of the year that is filled with such festive and magical moments.)

4. The worst thing about the holidays is the state of my kitchen.
(I absolutely love to bake for the holidays. I love the make pies, all sorts of cookies, and just outright experiment with new and old festive bakes. But, this means my kitchen often looks like a tornado tore through it. 'Tis the season!)


Okay, now, are you ready for your weekly Eddy fix?


Eddy still loves her Jackson Galaxy Space Station that we won from the Kitties Blue! She had been playing with it before this shot was taken. That is, right up until she saw that I had the camera. I guess you could say Eddy is a bit camera shy.

Happy Friday!



***
Our Tortie Doodle of the Day:

 Ten Days of Tortie: Day 6
Do any of our tortie furiends out there love a good box?



***
Our Tip of the Day:
November is National Pet Diabetes Awareness Month. So, for the rest of the month, we'll be giving tips related to this disease. To begin, we'll start with a tip that you all certainly already know. And that is, to be very vigilant with regard to your furbaby's behaviors and body, keeping an eye out for signs of diabetes, and of course for signs of any disease. How often is your kitty or pup drinking? How often are they urinating? What is the volume of their urine? The color of it? Has their appetite increased? Has it decreased? Does their fur look dry and dull? Are they more lethargic than usual? Have any of these things changed recently? How recently? These are just some of the questions that, as a pet parent, you have to ask yourself every day. Regularly observe and check your kitty or pup for any changes in their body or behaviors, and if you have any concerns, whether your furbaby has or has not yet been diagnosed with diabetes or any other disease, consult your veterinarian. As always, early detection and beginning treatment as early as possible can be crucial.

12 comments:

Marg said...

Oh Eddy, that sure looks like a great toy.Hope all of you had some good turkey. Have a fabulous Friday.

Brian's Home Blog said...

We think your fill-in answers were purrfect and sound so much like here!

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh at #2. I cannot keep plants alive, either. I am pretty good with hanging flower baskets in the Summer. I like Begonias the best, because I seem to do really well with them. But, I do not have a green thumb. Bill does. He could have been a farmer, like his grandpa. Have a great weekend!

Sandee said...

I love your last answer. I hate a cluttered kitchen too. Every evening after dinner I spend whatever time necessary to tidy up the kitchen. Then when I get up to start the coffee the next morning, I'm a happy camper. It works for me. Now for the rest of the house...

Eddy is so cute I linked this post to Feline Friday.

Have a fabulous day. ☺

Kathe W. said...

Have a lovely day today and everyday!

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat said...

Every year, I talk about getting an artificial tree ... but then I think how I'd have no where to store it after the holiday ... {sigh}. And no real tree ... I wouldn't be able to sleep thinking about how the cats could drink out of the tree water. I think Eddy and Bear would get along wonderfully :)

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Mudpie always loves a good box! As always, your answers pretty much echo mine :) And your tip of the day mirrors our next edition of The Purrfect 10!

pilch92 said...

This is my favorite tortie drawing so far, it looks like my Penny peeing in a box as she is so well known for :) Thank you for participating in the fill-ins, great answers. I know what you mean about the magic of the season, most people do seem more jolly even in long lines. Eddy is such a cutie. Great tip too, I hope mine never get this awful disease.Have a nice weekend! XO

Lone Star Cats said...

Dat toy does look like fun Eddy!

Anonymous said...

We LOVE you answers! Especially the Magic! I believe in the magic of Christmas! What a cool looking toy Eddy is playing with and the Tortie in the Box! Priceless!
Purrs
Marv and Mom

Anonymous said...

Grand fill-ins! Glad that Eddy likes her "space ship" and love your graphics today too..........

Hugs, Teddy

The Swiss Cats said...

Great answers ! Purrs