Friday, November 10, 2017

Friday Fun

Hello and happy Friday! As per usual, we're going to start today with the always fun Friendly Fill-Ins challenge.


Our hosts over at 15andmeowing and McGuffy's Reader are clever as can be, and this week they gave us these fantastic fill-ins:

1. The best part of where I live is _________.
2. The worst part of where I live is _________.
3. If I had _________, I would _________.
4. My favorite article of cold weather clothing is _________.

As always, I don't know whether I did these proud, but I sure tried!

1. The best part of where I live is my family.
(Though certainly no place in the world is perfect, I really do enjoy my hometown. It's neither too big nor too small, without crazy rush hour traffic, yet with plenty to do. What's more, it's where my family is. I was raised in this town, my parents and sister are still here, and I just don't see myself leaving.)

2. The worst part of where I live is the allergens.
(Of course, allergens exist everywhere. I have learned, though, that my hometown sure does offer a nice blend of allergy and asthma triggers. I live in an area with a decent amount of farming, with plenty of corn and beans to go around. When the farmers start harvesting these, the dust and spores and all that good stuff really get stirred up. That's okay, though. I love my hometown enough to pop some antihistamine and never leave home without a pack of tissues.)

3. If I had a million dollars, I would rescue as many animals as I could.
(If I ever came into a large sum of money, this would be one of the first things I spent it on. I would help as many animals as I could locally, and would also love to help with the rescue efforts of animals all across the globe. I dream of helping as many animals as possible. This probably goes for all of us here, doesn't it?)

4. My favorite article of cold weather clothing is a hoodie.
(I love dressing comfortably, and there is nothing more cozy than a hoodie. I also love my sweatpants.)


Now, up next is, of course, Eddy! Today we have a shot from an older photo shoot, from which we've already shown you a picture or two. The photo shoot we speak of is the one that showed Eddy sitting at the front door. I was so excited to show you all last time how once shy Eddy has finally grown brave enough to gaze out the front door, that I didn't even notice the below shot, with her so adorably looking over her shoulder at me as I took her picture.


When I realized I never shared this particular photo before, I simply had to remedy that today. Isn't she just too cute peeking over her shoulder like that? Not that I'm biased, of course.

Wishing you all a fantastic and fun Friday!



***
Our Doodle of the Day:

This weekend is one of the holiday art and crafts fairs in which I'm participating. That means I've been doodling all types of furry Santas and the like, like this bright and bold one here.


This Kitty Claus was actually doodled on cardboard and has since been sealed and turned into an ornament. Christmas kitties are some of my favorite things to doodle.


***
Our Tip of the Day:
Continuing on with our Thanksgiving dinner tips, yet another common holiday dish is white potatoes, such as mashed potatoes. When it comes to feeding your furbaby white potatoes, those that are cooked and plain can be a reasonable treat in moderation. When additional ingredients are added, though, then you have to start being extra cautious about offering potatoes as a treat. For example, butter or sour cream might cause gastrointestinal distress, especially for furbabies who are lactose intolerant. In addition, as we've said before, added ingredients such as garlic and onion can potentially be dangerous if consumed by a kitty or pup. So, you sure can let your furbaby try out those mashed potatoes, but make be sure to take into account how they're prepared!

12 comments:

Marg said...

Oh Eddy, you are so darn cute looking at the Mom like that. Great picture. We think your fill-ins are terrific. Well done. You all have a fantastic day.

Anonymous said...

I relate to hoodies. I wear them a lot, too. But, I wear them with jeans. I literally only wear jeans. Allergens are a problem everywhere. I am glad you can find relief, though. Have a great weekend. Hugs to all, especially Astrid!

Sandee said...

You live in a small town. Always my favorite place to be. I hate the big city traffic. Hate it. Okay, they can be rude too.

Aww on your precious Eddy. What a good looking girl. You can link this post to Feline Friday if you wish. She would fit right in.

Have a purrfect day, Eddy. My best to your mom. ☺

Peachy, Stippie, Angel Binky and Granny said...

Love that picture, Eddy. You're like a model...well, I guess you are :D Very cute Kitty Claus too! Pawkisses for a Happy Weekend :) <3

Colehaus Cats said...

Wonderful fill-ins! Other than the corn and the bean harvests, your town sounds a bit like ours with allergens. Always have tissues! MOL! Love your doodles and your tips! Thank you!

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat said...

I love that picture of Eddy. I imagine the front door is prime real estate around there - yay for Eddy being brave enough to take advantage of it. If I won money, I'd do the same. My boyfriend always talks about traveling if he wins a bunch of money - but that doesn't mean much to me. Saving kitties does!

The Swiss Cats said...

Lovely picture of Eddy ! We love your answers ! Purrs

pilch92 said...

Thank you for participating, great answers. Your 1st answer reminded me of John Melencamp's song Born in a Small Town :) I feel the same way about my town as you do. I love your answer to #3 and I figured that would be your answer. Very cute Santa kitty and Eddy is adorable, that is a nice shot of her. Have a nice weekend. I hope you sell a lot of your art. XO

Eastside Cats said...

Truly a cute photo!

The Island Cats said...

We love your fill in answers. Seems like everyone loves wearing hoodies when it's cold. ;) That's an adorable pic of Eddy.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

I've used your Christmas tortie bookmark all year! Love that picture of Eddy :) I love hoodies too.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

#3, where would they all spend the Winter?