Saturday, November 11, 2017

Cold Caturday Art

Hello, friends! Here in our corner of the world, it's been well below freezing the past couple of mornings. We barely even hit above freezing throughout the day yesterday. Do you know what that means?


That's right. It's time for snowkitty to start making an appearance. For Halloween it was all things cat-o'-lantern, and now we've reached the snowkitty phase. Truth be told, I was thinking about doing a snowkitty and cat-o'-lantern mashup for next week's Caturday Art. What do you friends of ours think? Yay or nay to that?

Back to today's snowkitty, though. Now, I'm not sure I've admitted this here before, but I have an obsession with buttons. I can go to a craft store in search of nothing but a set of markers or a sketchbook, and come out with a lifetime supply of buttons. Buttons in every size and shape and all that jazz, I love them all. That being said, I used some of my never-ending supply of buttons to spruce up the snowkitty's little scene just a bit.


Of course, today's snowkitty was created for Athena's Caturday Art blog hop. Do be sure to visit Athena so as to see the art of all of our friends!


Happy Caturday to all! If it's cold in your corner of the world, too, we hope you're staying warm and cozy!



***
Our Tip of the Day:
Yesterday we talked about offering potatoes as a treat for your pup, such as during Thanksgiving dinner. We focused on potatoes of a more white variety yesterday, so today we're here to talk about sweet potatoes. To put it simply, sweet potatoes can make for a great treat for a pup or kitty. They are a great source of fiber and vitamin A, as well as vitamin C, potassium, and a variety of other beneficial nutrients. Plain steamed, baked, or mashed sweet potatoes would be a great treat to allow your kitty or pup during that Thanksgiving dinner. That all being said, though, do be cautious of dishes such as sweet potato casserole. These altered versions of sweet potato often contain added sugar, sugary marshmallows, and other potential seasonings or ingredients that could be unhealthy or lead to gastrointestinal side effects. So, sweet potatoes are a great treat to offer that furbaby in your life, but do be sure it's of the plain and healthy variety!

14 comments:

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That is a lovely picture of Snow Kitty. I like the big snowflakes.

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love Snow Kitty! Those buttons are purrrfect embelishments to the tableau too (Mom helped me with those big words....tee hee).

Hugs, Teddy

Smudge said...

Dad's shuddering, disturbing my comfort on his lap, at the thought of winter on its way. He's a spoiled Northeast transplant so he's used to real cold, but what with his advancing age even the temps around here are getting to him.

Marg said...

The snow kitty is just the best. Must be Frosty's brother. You all have a super Saturday.

Eastside Cats said...

Yes, we've had very cold temps that none of us were really ready for! I like the buttons with the snowkitty.

Peachy, Stippie, Angel Binky and Granny said...

Snow kitty looks so COOL...and pretty too :D Hot Pawkisses for a warm Caturday...oh, better not for snow Kitty... MOL :D <3

Ida said...

Snow Kitty is cute, those buttons add such a fun touch. - I've never heard of giving a cat or a dog sweet potatoes, I'll have to try that with our kitties.

Unknown said...

Snowkitty is so cute, and I like the way you used the buttons! If I let myself buy buttons, I would have bucketloads of them, because they are just irresistible. :)

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Lovely wintry art!

It's been cold here too but no snow yet :)

Purrs xx
Athena and Marie

The Swiss Cats said...

Snowkitty is so cute, that's lovely art ! Purrs

The Island Cats said...

It's been cold here too the last couple of days. But seriously, as much as we like snow kitty, we're not ready to see him.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Four paws up to the mash up! Welcome, snowkitty! We're very happy to see you. And I love how you added the buttons too :)

pilch92 said...

I love your snow kitty, so cute. We had about 10 degrees this morning, but no complaints here :) Great tip too, I always use brown sugar on the sweet potatoes and marshmallows too :)

Cathy Keisha said...

Whoa! It's been too cold here too. I'd like to see a snow-covered cat-o-lantern!