Sunday, November 26, 2017

Magic Moment

Hi, friends, it's Eddy here today. I just wanted to pop in and show you a bit of a selfie I very recently snapped. It's a pretty magical one, if you ask me.


I'm sorry it's so blurry, you guys. I was just so excited I could hardly contain myself. After my mom ripped apart my tree last winter and then shoved its dismembered body in a box, I thought I'd never see it again. But, she just this weekend pulled its remains from the box and restored it to life. Isn't that wonderful?


I snapped even more excited selfies with my faux fir friend, and I'll be sure to share them with you over the next couple of weeks. Don't worry, those are all in my usual blurry style as well. Sitting still is so overrated.

Of course, today's selfie is my entry in the Sunday Selfies blog hop, hosted by our Kitties Blue friends over at The Cat on My Head.


Happy Sunday to all of our friends!

Purrs,
Eddy



***
Our Tortie Doodle of the Day:

Ten Days of Tortie: Day 8
We went for another dilute little tortie doodle today, and mixed it with a little Christmas magic.



***
Our Tip of the Day:
As we mentioned before, November is Pet Diabetes Awareness Month, and so we're giving some tips related to that significant topic. Today, our tip relates to at-home monitoring of diabetes. Just as with humans, blood glucose can be checked at home for kitties and pups. This is often done using a vein in the ear, a sterile needle, and a glucometer like those used for humans. Of course, this sort of at-home monitoring may not be an option for all furbabies, depending on the owner's comfort with the practice, the kitty or pup's health status, and also on their personal demeanor. But, if your furbaby is diagnosed with diabetes, do consider discussing this potential option with your veterinarian. After all, if you are able to check blood glucose at home, that can allow for closer monitoring of your furbaby's diabetic status. Regardless, though, regular blood glucose checks are important for diabetic furbabies, especially early in the disease. If you are unable to check it at home, discuss with your veterinarian how often your furbaby should be brought in to the vet's office to have their glucose checked.

19 comments:

Erin the Cat Princess said...

I have to say that is an extra special selfie, and you have such an adorable smile. Great advice about pet diabetes too, thank you.
Toodle pip and purrs
Erin

M Dawson said...

You look like you are delighted by the tree!

Ours doesn't go up until two weeks before Christmas and comes down on 12th night!

The Dash Kitten Crew

Lone Star Cats said...

Luv your tree selfie!

Peachy, Stippie, Angel Binky and Granny said...

Aww..I like your cute looks, Eddy. You have so lovely fangs :D Pawkisses for a wonderful Sunday :) <3

Marg said...

Oh Eddy, look at that big smile.And those big eyes. Looks like you love having that tree up. You all have a wonderful Sunday.

The Island Cats said...

Eddy, you look so happy to see the tree!

Annie Bear said...

Aw, Eddy, these are magical pictures. You are clearly so happy to see your tree brought back to life.

This is a good informative tip for care of diabetic kitties.

Timmy Tomcat said...

Eddy you look really magical and that is one fine Winter Tree. Maybe try flying with all that power floating around.
Purrs
Timmy and Family

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

That is one gorgeous selfie!

Purrs,
The Chans

meowmeowmans said...

Eddy! This is such a super special selfie, sweet girl. We love how you're smiling with such obvious joy and excitement about your tree coming back. :)

pilch92 said...

I love these photos of Eddy, I can see the pure joy on her adorable little face. Your Christmas header is great too and so is the tortie drawing. More great tips!

Sandee said...

You're thinking about what you can do to that beautiful tree right? I thought so.

Have a purrfect Selfie Sunday. My best to your mom. ☺

Little Miss Titch said...

I can't wait for Mummy to put mine up too,xx Speedy

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Oh Eddy, look at you smiling! You look so happy to see your tree back again.

The Swiss Cats said...

Fabulous selfie ! We can see you smiling at your tree ! Purrs

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Eddy, you are too cute for words! You are pawsitively entranced by that beautiful tree. (I tested Angel Tara's blood sugar at home...it's not hard at all!)

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

Eddy that IS a magical photo and we LOVE that "smile!!" catchatwithcarenandcody

Eastside Cats said...

Love the fang!

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

That is one huge smile on your face, Eddy!