Saturday, June 29, 2019

Caturday in the Kitchen

I tried really hard not to doodle yet another pastel library scene. Honestly, my sketchbook is already chock-full of pastel books lining pastel rooms. So, instead, I went for a pastel kitchen scene!


The funny thing about my current preference for scribbling up pastel doodles is that I actually am not a pastel sort of person in real life. The walls of my bedroom are indeed a powdery purple, but when it comes to the rest of my house, I always gravitate toward a more neutral or rustic feel. The majority of my home's walls are a beige sort of color, with a couple accent walls that are maroon and forest green. When it comes to my doodles, though, my color preferences are far more diverse. When I'm in the mood for it, I certainly do enjoy doodling up scenes that are more rustic in nature. But, I also have moods when I want to scribble up nothing but pastel chaos. Hopefully you all get some sort of enjoyment out of both types of doodles.

Of course, our above pastel kitchen with its dishwashing kitty is our entry into Athena's Caturday Art Blog Hop. Be sure to visit Athena to see all of the masterpieces our friends have created!


Happy Caturday!



***
Did you know?
Did you know that one of the main reasons kittens sleep so much is because hormones for growth and development are released when they sleep? It's also worth noting that twitching and other benign movements observed in a sleeping kitten occur for similar reasons. Have you ever watched a kitten sleep and noticed that their legs, or other areas of their body, will sometimes display movements such as twitching? This is a common experience for a kitten, and it's also an important one. Primarily, twitching and other similar movement in sleeping kittens can help grow and strengthen their muscles. How else would their muscles grow strong enough to allow them to jump six times their length? Of course, if your kitty seems to be experiencing severe or concerning twitching or tremors, while asleep or awake, do consult a veterinarian. In general, though, twitching in a sleeping kitten, or puppy, is common and beneficial.

10 comments:

Lone Star Cats said...

Today's doodle are so cute!

Pam and Teddy said...

What a great doodle......I love the view out the window too! I wonder if I could teach Teddy to wash the dishes?

Hugs, Pam

Marg said...

Great doodle. Some cats do like water. You all have a fantastic day.

Timmy Tomcat said...

Toby is one for always checking out the sink. Our decor is a bit beige too

World of Animals, Inc said...

Happy Caturday!!! We love the doodle that you shared. Now we know why kittens sleep so much. Very interesting to know. Have a fantastic rest of your weekend.
World of Animals

messymimi said...

Your doodles are always fun, and i wonder if human babies sleep so much and take so many naps when young for the same reason.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

I love this to pieces! The colors are beautiful and the whole thing is just so cozy and adorable.

pilch92 said...

I am not big on pastels either, but it looks good in the drawing. I did not know that about twitching when sleeping. Prancie is old and does that so I wake her thinking she is having a bad dream.

meowmeowmans said...

What an adorable doodle! We love the whimsical nature that the pastels bring to your drawings, but rustic is great, too, if the mood strikes you. ;)

Eastside Cats said...

When their whiskers tremble when sleeping, that always makes me smile.