Friday, June 21, 2019

Friendly Fill-Ins

It's Friday, and that means we're here with the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge. If you'd like to fill in some fill-ins, you're more than welcome to join us! In case you missed the fill-in statements yesterday, I'll share them again below. Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two, and I came up with the second two.


1. I could use some suggestions for _________.

2. I never refuse _________.

3. I hope _________ never changes.

4. I would rate _________ a 10 out of 10.


This week, I aimed to make all of my answers about the furbabies. After all, they're the real bosses around here. My answers are in bold.

1. I could use some suggestions for new canned cat food brands to feed Tonks.
(This girl of mine is one picky kitty. A huge portion of food brands or flavors I try to get her to eat are rejected, and even her favorites are sometimes rejected. I've fairly certain I've tried feeding her nearly every brand and flavor that can easily be found in stores. I'm always on the lookout for food brands or flavors she's never tried before, in hopes that one of them will strike her fancy. Does anyone know any obscure brands of cat food Tonks might not have taste tested yet?)

2. I never refuse kitty cuddles.
(I'll also happily accept puppy cuddles. Nothing beats a cuddle session with the furbabies.)

3. I hope Tonks's love for fetch never changes.
(This girl can play fetch for hours. Literally. Sure, sometimes hours of fetch can get in the way of other things on the schedule. But, at the end of the day, it makes me so happy to know that the simple act of me throwing a ball over and over again fills Tonks with so much joy.)

4. I would rate my kitties' and pup's veterinary clinic a 10 out of 10.
(The doctors and entire staff there have always treated my furbabies wonderfully. They've always treated me wonderfully as well, but it's how they treat my furbabies that matters most. Sure, it's a veterinary clinic and some visits there are a bit more hectic than others, but I can't think of any significant complaints, and that makes me happy. Also, one of the doctors there is sort of locally known for his surgical skills, and he's apparently some sort of wizard with a scalpel. He's the one who removed my angel Rosie's eye when it became problematic, and that was when she was 21 years old. He also removed pup Astrid's toe and thereby rid her of cancer. I'll always be grateful for that.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

We had a couple weeks of surprisingly still, focused shots of Eddy. That got so boring and old, though. Now she's back to her usual, active self in front of the camera.





Happy Friday, friends!



***
Doodle of the Day:

Apparently I'm stuck in a doodling rut that involves books and pastel colors. Honestly, how many doodles in that category have I shared in the past week or two? I'm not really sure "rut" is the right word for this, though, because I'm quite happy drawing books in a pastel palette. I hope you all don't mind this "rut" too much, especially since I have another one just like it to share today.




***
Did you know?
Did you know that cats show a preference for eating food that is at body temperature, in part because that would be the temperature of freshly killed prey? That being said, if you've been storing an open can of cat food in the refrigerator, and if your kitty is picky about the temperature of their food, you can briefly warm it up in the microwave. It won't take long to warm, though, so don't overdo it. A couple of seconds in the microwave is usually sufficient. Before feeding warmed food to your kitty, check it yourself to ensure it is not hot enough to burn them.

11 comments:

Lone Star Cats said...

Angelique is very picky about temperature, me, not at all.

We like Fancy Feast a lot here, but we're not very picky. We also like Merrick.

Purrseiodn said...

Ms. Lorianne, my purrsonal favorite brand is veruva.
https://weruva.com/cat-landing/
Purrseidon

M Dawson said...

I WISH Harvey would eat his kidney food. He sometimes refuses and eats Fancy Feast. * sigh *

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat said...

Eddy, you always make our Friday. I wish I had suggestions. I feed wet food as a daily treat and we're down to one flavor of one brand. Even worse, Ellie's started being more picky - learning from Bear?

messymimi said...

We have a vet who is a 10 also, it's wonderful to have vet care you can count on.

It takes a very special cat to play fetch -- none of mine will do it.

Eddy looks like her usual, wonderful self, if a bit blurry.

pilch92 said...

Great fill-in answers. I am surprised Tonks is so picky because she ate everything when you first adopted her. Emmy is picky so I put a little chicken on top to entice her. I push it is so she has to get some food. I agree that cuddling with furbabies is the best. You are so lucky to have a wonderful vet.
Great photos of Eddy and very cute drawing. I microwave for 7 seconds :) Have a wonderful weekend! XO

Eastside Cats said...

What does the vet say about Tonk's dislike for food? We've found that sprinkling some nutritional yeast on top of wet food seems to stimulate eating (it used to be called brewer's yeast, and it smells like kibble!) Eddy is a cutie!

Pam and Teddy said...

Great filling in today....also love Eddy's latest crop of photos. Teddy absolutely will NOT eat ANY canned food so I "get" your frustration. At least he eats a "good" dry food but I sure wish he'd go WET. Good luck finding something that works!

Hugs, Pam

Sandee said...

I love all your answers and I love your love for kitties and pups.

Thank you for co-hosting the Friendly Fill-ins.

Have a fabulous day and weekend. ♥

Cathy Keisha said...

You should buy those foam rockets for Tonks. I'll bet she'll love them as much as I do. TW even makes paper airplanes for me and I fetch them.
Sometimes the cheaper the cat food, the more I like it. I won't eat store brands but I like the Rachel Ray tubs, some Purina Beyond and, of course, FF.
Hi Eddy!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Great answers! Afraid I can't help you on #1...Mudpie is as hopeless as they come when it comes to wet food!