Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Traumatic Toesies Tuesday

Thimble was so eager to show you all her adorable toesies today.


Little did she know, though, that soon after that shot was snapped, the nail trimmers would come out and her claws would be hacked away at. Can you believe it? Can you believe it?!? The horror!


The experience was almost as horrible as having your head cut off like in that photo above. Poor Thimble. What a trauamatic day she had.

Thimble hopes you all have a much better day than she did. Happy Tuesday!



***
Doodle of the Day:


Can you guys believe that I'm already eager to scribble up some autumn doodles? It's all of June, and I'm over here itching to doodle up my favorite October art. To tide me over, I thought I'd try my hand at some cozy summer art. Because, you know, everyone loves sitting next to a crackling fire in the heat of summer.



***


Did you know?
Did you know scientific studies have found that cats can help you sleep better at night? Sure, cats might hog the bed just a tad bit, and they might stomp all over you while you try to snooze, and they might even demand a midnight snack, but science still says that cats can make your sleep all the better. In one study, 41% of the participants expressed that they sleep better at night with their cat by their side, whereas only 20% of the study participants indicated that their cats disturb their sleep. What's more, more than one scientific study found that the majority of people participating preferred to share the bed with their cat rather than with their human partner.

10 comments:

Pam and Teddy said...

We surprised Teddy with a nail trim too and as always, it was like wrestling with a tiger! Oh well - it's done!

Hugs, Pam

The Island Cats said...

Thimble, we hope you got extra treats for having to go through that.

pilch92 said...

Poor Thimble, that was a rough day. Great drawing- I say bring on the Fall. :)
I can't sleep without a cat. When my hubby snores, I relocate to the spare room with Drake or the couch with Brody and KaTwo. I always have a cat with me.

Eastside Cats said...

The Hubby refuses to trim Da Boyz's nails; he only wants to be the 'good guy' to them! They've both learned to be careful, so the only scratches, sweater pulls, and "HALP! I'm stuck to the screen!" incidents are few and far between now. Just as a side note: don't be the one holding a cat when the vacuum goes on!

Marg said...

Oh Thimble, you poor thing. But it will be much better for you and the peoples. You all have a super day.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Poor baby! Those are precious pawsies. And I'm totally ready for fall too!

Lola The Rescued Cat said...

That is definitely a traumatic day! It's horrible! But you do have cute little tosies.

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat said...

It's so unfair! How dare they NOTICE our claws! I can't tell you how many times I've sunk my claws into my Momma only for her to decide that it's time to clip them. Pooh! ~Bear Cat

messymimi said...

As much as i enjoy a good manicure, i don't get why it's such a big deal!

Actually, we have a lady who comes to the shelter one day a week, she calls herself the mani/pedi lady, and she trims up everyone who needs it. She holds them, cuddles and snuggles and plays, rocks them and jiggles them up and down in her lap and before they even notice, she's done. She's very good.

meowmeowmans said...

Darn. That IS traumatic, Thimble. But we bet it's nice to not have your nails get stuck on stuff now that they got trimmed, huh?