Saturday, November 23, 2019

Caturday Art

This past Wednesday, I shared a flashback doodle that I admitted I was not fully fond of for this reason and that (to see that post and the flashback doodle it contains, just click here). The flashback doodle of which I speak involves some details that no longer really match my current style of doodling. I therefore mentioned that I would like to recreate that doodle in a way, and so that 's exactly what I did today for Athena's Caturday Art Blog Hop.


Fun fact? The giant, brown spoons and forks hanging from the walls in the above doodle were inspired by a giant wooden spoon and fork I have hanging in my kitchen. I found them years ago at a garage sale that benefited my local animal shelter, and I'm really quite fond of them.

We hope you enjoy today's recreation of a doodle! And we hope you find yourself some tasty pie to eat!




***
Tip of the Day

Continuing on with our tips for National Pet Diabetes Awareness Month, today we're here to say that, of course, always administer a diabetic cat or dog's insulin and other treatments as discussed with your veterinarian. The amount, frequency, and sometimes even timing of insulin administered to a diabetic furbaby is very important for getting blood glucose under control. For this reason, be sure that you understand how to administer the insulin, which is injected beneath the skin, and have your veterinarian give explanations and demonstrations as needed. Also make sure that you understand the proper storage and preparation of insulin. In most cases, insulin needs to be refrigerated, and before administration it is often suggested that the bottle of insulin be rolled between the hands in order to prepare it for administration. Then there is also the important step of pulling up the insulin into the syringe for administration. If you have any questions or concerns with any of these steps, never hesitate to ask your veterinarian. And, of course, immediately let your veterinarian know if you notice any changes in behavior that might indicate that an adjustment to the insulin dosage is needed. Keep a close eye on your diabetic kitty or pup's water intake, eating habits, bathroom habits, activity level, and other such factors, as all of these can be affected by either high or low blood glucose levels. You know your furbaby best and spend the most time with them, so do be sure to keep a close eye on them and inform your veterinarian of any concerns you have.

8 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Very cute doodle!

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Great doodle!

pilch92 said...

I LOVE the drawing. Nice tails :) And I have the same spoon and fork that I took from my childhood home before it was sold. I haven't hung it yet because I was going to paint them then I wasn't sure if I should keep them the way they are. Excellent diabetes tips that I hope to never need. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Too cute! I'm so hungry for pie right now...

Cathy Keisha said...

Love the doodle!

meowmeowmans said...

Aww, we love the new and updated doodle! Hooray for tails for all! XO

Lone Star Cats said...

Luv your art today!

messymimi said...

There's always room for dessert, isn't there!