Sunday, November 10, 2019

Guest Sunday Selfies

We have yet more guest selfies for you on this Sunday. In this current series, we're introducing you to all 12 of my parents' cats. Today, you're going to meet Fizzgig.


We've introduced you to Fizzgig before, but I'm fairly certain it's been over a year since she last starred on our blog. Fizzgig is 3 years old, and she's been with my parents since she was roughly 3 days old. At the ripe age of 1 day old, she was found abandoned in the middle of a gas station parking lot. That gas station is in the tiny hometown of my parents, and the tiny kitten ultimately ended up in the hands of an old animal-loving family friend. Knowing my parents loved cats, and that calicoes held a special place in my mom's heart, she called them about this kitten. Within two days, the then 3-day-old kitten was headed to her new home with my parents.

Fizzgig was a very vocal kitten. Though I'm loathe to word it this way, she was a very bossy little 3-day-old calico. She remained bossy, if I'm being honest. As a tiny kitten, she would loudly and proudly scream and holler whenever she wanted fed, held, and all that jazz. That's how she got her name. Fizzgig is a fuzzy critter of a character in the old movie Dark Crystal, and this character was known for screaming and hollering. Funny enough, though adult Fizzgig is far from mute, she is no longer all that vocal.

So, who is Fizzgig in a nutshell? She is a very sweet yet nonetheless sassy calico. If there's a fight going on between any of my parents' 12 cats, there's a good chance Fizzgig is involved. She probably starts the most fights in their house. That's despite her being one of the smallest cats in the house.

Fizzgig is generally social with people. She does not hide when strangers show up at my parents' house. She is also great at giving face nuzzles and cuddling in general. That being said, do not pick Fizzgig up. Though she was raised and held by humans as early as her first day of life, Fizzgig does not like being held. And she'll let you know that she does not like being held.

Fizzgig can be a very active little lady. She loves to bring you her favorite toys as gifts. Her active nature can also make her a great source of bloopers.


That slightly blurry photo is not much of a blooper, especially not when compared to the one below.


That horrifying blooper actually reminds me of Fizzgig's namesake character from Dark Crystal. When that character is having one of its screaming fits, it looks a little like that blooper of Fizzgig. Sort of.

How about a fun fact or two about Fizzgig? All of my parent' cats of course love both of my parents' cats. That being said, my dad is one of those people who animals just automatically love, even when they first meet him. The majority of my parents' cats are admittedly daddy's girls and daddy's boys. All of the above said, though, Fizzgig is the one true momma's girl in my parents' house. She absolutely adores my mom. That might be because my mom is the one who bottle fed her the vast majority of the time when she was a tiny kitten.

Another fun Fizzgig fact? This calico girl has a designated blanket that she suckles. This blanket has to be beside my mom in bed at night or Fizzgig will pace and chatter relentlessly. I'm told she suckles this blanket every single night.

We all hope you enjoyed meeting Fizzgig today!




***
Doodle of the Day

It's that time of the year when the weather and the stores have me all confused which holiday to root for. Perhaps that's why I keep feeling compelled to scribble up holiday mashup doodles. You know, like this one here:




***
Tip of the Day

Today's tip in our Thanksgiving series is about none other than pie. As we've said on many occasions over time, plain pumpkin contains fiber and other nutrients that can have benefits for our furbabies and their health. That being said, though, not all components of Thanksgiving pies are as equally beneficial. For example, another popular Thanksgiving dessert is pecan pie, but do be cautious with this around your furbabies. Pecans are not particularly safe to feed your pup or kitty. One reason is simply that pecans can cause an upset gastrointestinal tract, and could also lead to bowel obstruction. Also take into consideration any other pies you make and what ingredients they contain. For example, chocolate pies or those containing raisins are of course dangerous to cats and dogs. What's more, when it comes to any kind of pie, whether it be pumpkin, pecan, or another, added sugars and other potential added ingredients can be less than ideal for our kitties and pups to consume. So, when you're making or eating those Thanksgiving pies, keep dangerous ingredients and the final products well out of reach of your furbaby.

12 comments:

The Island Cats said...

We like how Fizzgig shows off her sassiness. Thanks for introducing all of us to her.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Well you sure are a cutie Miss Fizzgig!

Pam and Teddy said...

Oh she's a beauty! Only one day old and abandoned - thankfully she was noticed right away and now she's living "the life" !! I sure like stories like this with happy endings.

Hugs, Teddy

meowmeowmans said...

Sweet, sassy AND beautiful? You're our kind of gal, Fizzgig!

Catscue Catmom said...

What a beauty! I just love the name Fizzgig!

pilch92 said...

Fizzgig is a cutie and I love her name. How sweet she suckles her blankie. I like the drawing. And excellent tips. I did not know pecans were not good for them. XO

Erin the Cat Princess said...

Aww, Fizzgig by name, but not so much by nature which seems very personable indeed, and quite a part of family life. I love that she has her own blanket, too. Even I don't have one of those, then again I was not hand reared.
Lots of adoring purrs for you and your extended family,
ERin

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Fizzgig is lovely!

Eastside Cats said...

Fizzgig is a tongue-twister! She's adorbs!

The Swiss Cats said...

Wonderful selfies ! Purrs

Dash Kitten Crew said...

It may be a blooper but we love the teethy picture. Cats can look so fierce, even if they are yawning can't they?

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

She is such a beauty and I love her name!