Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Tuesday with Winky

You know who hasn't gotten to star in a post here in some sort of eternity? If you guessed that this post's title gives it away and the answer is Winky, then you are correct!


Despite what some folks believe, black cats are more than photographable. That doesn't mean I won't admit that I often struggle photographing black cats, but that's because my knowledge of photography and camera settings in general leaves a lot to be desired. When Winky recently sat at a perfect angle in the sunny window, though, I snapped today's shots. I was admittedly happy that it turned out the way it did. I love when I get a decent shot of our resident house panthers, because it helps prove that a camera can of course capture their beauty, even when the camera is wielded by a complete novice.


Happy Tuesday, friends!



***
Doodle of the Day: Flashback Tuesday

We had us a tad bit of a snowstorm yesterday. For today's flashback doodle, I wanted to see if I had anything in my sketchbook from last autumn that might relate to that. I found exactly what I was looking for, and so today's flashback doodle is this one from last November:


It would appear that we had a snowstorm right around this same time last year. Mother Nature, you really need to get your act together. Is it autumn? Is it winter? Make up your mind. Please.



***
Tip of the Day

Our series of tips relating to Thanksgiving food safety of course must include a little discussion on turkey. Is it safe to feed your kitty or pup some Thanksgiving turkey? Turkey bits fed in moderation can be a safe and delicious treat, but only as long as excess fat and bones are removed. Fat can lead to pancreatitis, among other potential issues. Bones are a choking hazard, and of course can also lead to perforation or obstruction of the gastrointestinal tract. Also keep in mind whether any additional ingredients, seasonings, or other additives were used when cooking the turkey. For example, onion, garlic, or excess salt on the turkey could potentially lead to gastrointestinal upset or other dangers. So, you don't have to skip giving your furbaby a taste of that Thanksgiving turkey, but do be sure you offer treats only in moderation, and that you take precautions for the health and safety of your furbaby.

10 comments:

Pam and Teddy said...

A very nice panther portrait indeed!

Hugs, Teddy

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat said...

I love how the light and angle shows off her ear hairs.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Winky looks absolutely wonderful!

The Island Cats said...

You're gorgeous, Winky. Sometimes the mom struggles to get good pics of me too. ~Ernie

Sandee said...

My last kitty was black. She was the very best. Winky is a very good looking, photogenic kitty.

Have a fabulous day. ♥

Eastside Cats said...

Yes, being ready to snap photos when the lighting is good is impawtant! We didn't get the leaves raked into the gardens before the snowstorm hit; not sure what we'll do if the snow melts.

pilch92 said...

Winky is a cutie. I am guilty of not photographing my black cats as often as the others because it is tough to get a good shot- my photography skills are lacking and my camera is cheap. Nice drawing- very fitting for today. And great tips. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Those photos of Winky are absolutely stunning!

messymimi said...

That's quite a beautiful panther!

The Swiss Cats said...

Winky is a beautiful black panther ! Purrs