Friday, November 8, 2019

Friendly Fill-Ins

Hello and happy Friday! Are you ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins? In case you missed the fill-in statements yesterday, I'll share them again here. Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two, and I came up with the second two.


1. Whenever I _________, I _________.

2. _________ is not _________.

3. Good things come to those who _________.

4. _________ makes me grumpy.


My answers are below in bold.

1. Whenever I hit the hay, I fall right asleep.
(I guess falling asleep is sort of the point of hitting the hay, huh? Honestly, though, I have literally no problems whatsoever falling asleep. I know a lot of people who have insomnia or other difficulties when it comes to sleeping, so I really am grateful that I don't have such troubles. That being said, I get frustrated with myself when I crawl into bed, open a book with the intent of reading for a bit, and instead wake up hours later with the book on my face. It's a running joke in my family that if I lie down, I could fall asleep even in the middle of a conversation. And that's actually happened more than once, which drives my sister nuts, because she's usually on the other end of the conversation.)

2. Eddy is not one to sleep at night.
(Unlike myself, my lady cat Eddy is 100% nocturnal. She sleeps all day and then plays almost all night. She's also the one cat who is always in my bedroom with me, so that is a great mix.)

3. Good things come to those who share their life with furry friends.
(After all, science says that furbabies make us happier and healthier!)

4. Feeling hungry makes me grumpy.
(I'm never anywhere near actual starvation, so I really shouldn't complain. If I'm being honest, though, when I get hungry, I'm a total grouch. I have that in common with my furbabies, that's for sure.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Are you ready for your Friday Eddy fix? In order to get a clear shot of this active girl, I yet again resorted to opening the window to distract her. That resulted in a pathetic sort of shot.


My furbabies are never impressed with the small gap I give them to enjoy when it comes to opening windows. They can all thank this girl Eddy as well as calico Tonks, who both try to push and dig at the screen. Sorry, Eddy, but you are indeed one of the reasons why windows here only get cracked open a bit and only get left open if I can monitor the situation closely.

Happy Friday, friends!



***
Doodle of the Day: Flashback Friday

For today's flashback doodle I yet again perused last year's autumn drawings to see what I could find that I don't even remember doodling. This one I don't recall drawing popped up as one I shared last November.




***
Tip of the Day

Today is the final of our Pet Cancer Awareness Month tips. We've discussed a variety of ways to potentially help prevent cancer in your kitties and pups. Now we're here with a reminder we're sure you all know, and that is to be knowledgeable of signs that might indicate cancer, or other diseases, in your furbabies. As you're all certainly aware, the symptoms of cancer and other diseases can vary in more ways than one. That being said, always keep a close eye on your kitty or pup, and use petting sessions to do regular checks for masses or other abnormalities of the skin, eyes, mouth, and so forth. Also, of course, be aware of any other changes in their appearance, activity, or behavior. Note any changes in their weight, coat, appetite, energy level, mobility, bathroom habits, and anything and everything in between. What's more, if you do notice any changes or concerns, never hesitate to contact your veterinarian.

8 comments:

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat said...

We love Eddy. She knows how to get her nose in whatever crack you allow. I wish I could sleep as easily as you. I require a ridiculous amount of sleeping medication to even consider trying to sleep. It's really frustrating.

Sandee said...

Love your fill-ins and really love #1. I do the same. I'm happy about it too.

Thank you for co-hosting the Friendly Fill-ins. I look forward to this meme each week.

Have a fabulous day and weekend. ♥

Eastside Cats said...

Eddy, don't worry...The Hubby has had to nail our screens onto the house, since Da Boyz will push against them hard! We have an old house, with wooden screens and storms. Usually, they hang securely in the window slow, but weren't originally designed to keep crazy cats from pushing out!

Yvonne said...

Great answers! I wish I didn't have a problem falling asleep. It takes me forever.

Have a great weekend!

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Great pic of Eddy and nice fill-ins!

pilch92 said...

I enjoyed all your answers. I wish I could fall asleep that quickly- probably my coffee in the evening that keeps me awake. I completely agree with #3. And I get hangry too :) That is a cute drawing and great photo of Eddy. Excellent tips too. I always panic when a kitty has a lump. Have a nice weekend! XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

I can get to sleep very quickly too. Sleeping has actually never been a problem for me, actually. And I'm very thankful Mudpie sleeps through the night pretty well too. She usually only moves when I have to wake her up to move myself. (She always sleeps tight to my legs.)

Cathy Keisha said...

Nice pic of Eddy. My window doesn't open that way. It opens the other way and TW only cracks it a bit unless it's really perfect out.

I hate to rain on your parade but TW used to be like you going to sleep. Post menopause, she can't sleep at all. No matter how tired she is, she has to take melatonin, inhale lavender oil and hope she can sleep. Sometimes it has the opposite effect on her. The only thing that works is still illegal in our state.