Sunday, November 24, 2019

Guest Sunday Selfies

We've been using Sundays to slowly introduce to you my parents' 12 kitties. I've been introducing their kitties in the order that my parents adopted them. Going with this order of things, I've reached a certain kitty we've already recently introduced. Of course, though, I simply couldn't skip over him.


Who remembers Foggy? He essentially always greets me in the window when I arrive at my parents' house.


A few weeks ago, I shared Foggy's origin story. If you'd like to read the post with the story of how Foggy joined the family, just click here.

As one last view of Foggy today, I'll share an animation Google created for me using photos of him that I uploaded to my online photo storage. It zoomed in on his face real close, and so this is a grainy animation. Honestly, though, he's downright adorable even when grainy.


Happy Sunday to all!




***
Flashback Doodle of the Day

Today we're sharing our final Thanksgiving flashback doodle from last year. This is actually the doodle we shared on Thanksgiving Day itself last year. It stars angel Rosie and a special guest enjoying a feast, with some semblance of a Santa-infused Thanksgiving Day parade going on outside the window behind them. See?




***
Tip of the Day

We're still in the midst of our National Pet Diabetes Awareness Month tips. On this topic, yesterday we discussed observing your furbaby and knowing visible signs of illness. In addition to this, if your furbaby has been diagnosed with diabetes, consider monitoring their blood glucose at home. This is of course not always an option, depending on the furbaby and the situation. But, if it is possible, do discuss this with your veterinarian. Your veterinarian can help you learn how to safely check your kitty or pup’s glucose at home, which can be done simply using a vein in your kitty or pup's ear and the same type of glucometer a human would use. If nothing else, of course it is advisable to take a diabetic furbaby to the vet for regular glucose and/or fructosamine checks, as well as frequent urinalyses, especially in the early stages of their diabetes treatment.

15 comments:

Erin the Cat Princess said...

Awww, we love Foggy's animated selfies, and what finer way could there be to arrive home than his face, or that of a friendly feline.
Purrs
ERin

Smudge said...

We love Foggy's barely perceptible almost-wink at the tail end frame of the animation.

The Island Cats said...

Foggy is such a handsome orange boy.

The J-Cats said...

Foggy is one gorgeous bundle of fur!

Pam and Teddy said...

Foggy is a beautiful, big gingery boy like Teddy. I'm in love (and I'm sure your parents are too!).

Hugs, Pam

meowmeowmans said...

Foggy always makes us smile, and we love that animation. :)

Your doodle is awesome. We love seeing Angel Rosie!

Marg said...

Foggy, you are one handsome dude. The animation is terrific. Hope all of you have a great day.

Catscue Catmom said...

What a darling cat! Foggy, I just want to grab you and snorgle to my heart's content.

Valentine said...

I think Froggy is the neighborhood watch there from his window to make sure no packages get stolen off the porch by thieves. Mom says he reminds her of ginger kitty, Calvin, that lived with his momma in the apartment next to hers years ago. He was very friendly and liked to lounge in the sun on the roof of the balcony. Purr purr purr.

The Swiss Cats said...

Foggy is a handsome mancat ! Purrs

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

He is one gorgeous orange mancat!

Dash Kitten Crew said...

I LOVe the animated selfie it looks totally brilliant!!!

Andrea said...

Foggy is a handsome fella but then we are quite biased toward red tabbies.

Eastside Cats said...

I want to know how you make that animation!
Foggy is one very handsome mancat.

messymimi said...

Foggy is a big, good looking dude!