Friday, November 22, 2019

Friendly Fill-Ins

Happy Friday, friends! Who's ready to fill in some fill-ins? In case you missed the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge preparations yesterday, we'll share the fill-in statements again below. Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two, and I came up with the second two.


1. I can't wait to sink my teeth into _________ on Thanksgiving.

2. I will pass on _________ on Thanksgiving.

3. I wish _________ was served at holiday gatherings.

4. I will always be thankful for _________.


Here's how I filled these in:

1. I can't wait to sink my teeth into cranberries on Thanksgiving.
(Am I the only person who craves the cranberries more than the turkey and other main courses? I also love sweet potato casserole, but I eat sweet potatoes on a regular basis, so it's not really as special of a dish for me. For some reason, though, I pretty much only eat cranberries during the holidays. I can't wait.)

2. I will pass on the stuffing on Thanksgiving.
(I've never enjoyed stuffing. I think it's largely the texture of stuffing that deters me, because I don't find the flavor itself all that bothersome. I have weird issues with the textures of certain foods, and stuffing is apparently one of them.)

3. I wish fresh fruit was served at holiday gatherings.
(This probably sounds so silly when talking about holidays that are all about eating yourself stuffed full of special dishes. Honestly, though, I really love fruit. Even as a kid I loved fruit. Perhaps that's why I look so forward to cranberries, the one and only fruit certain to be at my family's holiday gatherings. I would be extra happy to find more fresh fruit dishes at holiday gatherings. Bring on the grapes, strawberries, watermelon, and all that fruity jazz.)

4. I will always be thankful for my family.
(I'm talking both human and furry family, of course. My human and furry family who are living and those who have moved on, they've all played significant roles in my life. I'm also grateful for human and furry friends like all of you.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Who's ready for an Eddy fix? How about a couple shots from a special sort of angle? Yes? Okay, here it goes.



These shots are not really all that clear and focused. Then again, this is Eddy we're talking about, so what's new?

Wishing you a wonderful day!



***
Doodle of the Day: Flashback Friday

Today's flashback doodle from last November is in honor of the fact that I really need get all the leaves out of my yard, if it ever stops raining.




***
Tip of the Day

I made some errors in scheduling our tips for November. I accidentally posted the series of tips out of order, and that means our Thanksgiving tips won't last until Thanksgiving next week as originally planned. That being said, we are going to save our final Thanksgiving tip for Thanksgiving Day, which means today we're moving on to our next series of tips. Yet again, this series is a repeat from this time last year, but it's regarding a topic that we think doesn't hurt to repeat.

November is National Pet Diabetes Awareness Month. That's why during the end of this month we'll be giving tips related to this disease. To begin, we'll start with a tip that you all certainly already know. This tip is to be very vigilant with regard to your furbaby's behavior and appearance, keeping an eye out for signs of diabetes, and of course for signs of any disease. How often is your kitty or pup drinking? How often are they urinating? What is the volume of their urine? The color of it? Has their appetite increased? Has it decreased? Does their fur look dry and dull? Are they less active than usual? Have any of these things changed recently? How recently? These are just some of the questions that, as a pet parent, you have to ask yourself on a regular basis. Regularly observe and check your kitty or pup for any changes in their behavior and appearance. What's more, as always, if you have any concerns, consult your veterinarian. 

14 comments:

Lone Star Cats said...

My momma likes the cranberry sauce a lot too.

Pam and Teddy said...

Oh yes on the cranberries.....I make a cranberry/orange relish every year that's a big hit. I really love EVERYTHING there is in the traditional Thanksgiving feast although Teddy passes on all of it - not a human food kind of guy. Still issues with Linky Tool so we couldn't hook up here or at Ellen's!

Hugs, Pam

Elizabeth said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!

The linky list doesn't seem to be loading - it might be my computer, though.

messymimi said...

That’s a lovely helpful turkey doodle.

If you love fresh fruit, add a fruit salad to your holiday. Everyone will probably take some and be glad you did.

Cranberries are so good, too.

Yes, the link is having trouble. To err is human, but to really foul things up requires technology. My answers are on my blog, though.

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat said...

Wow. I'm a big fruit and vegetable girl ... but cranberries? Nope. I celebrate Thanksgiving for the stuffing (I'm not really a pie girl either). It's been years since I've had something other than the stove top box mix - and you are right ... not flavorful at all if you don't put gravy on it.

Purrseidon said...

Meowser Ms. Lorianne, cranberries are the main thing for my humans, too. In fact, today we shop for them and navel oranges - we already have raspberry jello and walnuts. I'm not purrticularly fond of the sauce, though cranberries are great for playing soccer.
Since you seem interested in fruit and cranberries, the day before holidays, mom washes and inspects the large navel orange and bag of cranberries, then she puts them through the food processor... I stay close for this because this is my best chance of scoring a cranberry to play with.... The orange generally needs to be cut in 4 to fit in that food processor. Anyway, you put that orange in peel and all (navel oranges don't have seeds). Mom then pours the ground orange and cranberries into a lidded bowl and stirs in a small package of jello - as stated above, she likes raspberry best, though I'm not sure if this is due to flavor or the pretty color. She then puts the lid on and puts the bowl in the refrigerator over night. Prior to serving, you can add chopped nuts, but I've noticed that people with dentures and stuff purrfer the bowl without nuts.

Yvonne said...

I love all the food on Thanksgiving! So do the kitties! Happy Thanksgiving!

Cathy Keisha said...

TW loves cranberries and Pop loves sweet potatoes. They eat them year around. I'll bet if you tasted the peeps' stuffing, you'd love it. It's nice and moist and not as stiff as others they've had outside the house. They put apples in them so there's your fruit. MOL! TW is talking about making mince pie this year cos they don't sell it by us.

Hi Eddy and your snaggletooth.

I'll have to ax my friend Patti if her turkeys rake the yard for her.

Eastside Cats said...

This Thanksgiving, most of my family will get their first look at how my mother (at age 88) is beginning to get frail. And, she's gotten quite used to being alone and quiet; a houseful of guests will truly tax her! I can only hope that I live as long as she.

pilch92 said...

Great fill-in answers. Clearly you eat healthier than I do- I want pizza served on Thanksgiving. Cranberries are tasty, I like the dried ones that are sweetened over the fresh though. I love your answer to #4. Cute drawing and excellent tips. And Thimble is adorable- those are not too blurry. Have a nice weekend! XO

Sandee said...

I love all your answers and we're not having a traditional meal on Thanksgiving. We gave up that some years back. We just figure out what we want to eat and go with that.

Thank you for co-hosting the fun.

Have a fabulous day and weekend. ♥

Timmy Tomcat said...

Love the kitty in the leaves. Funny but I hate Cranberries and Love Stuffing Hee Hee

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

How about cranberries in the stuffing? That's my favorite part of the meal...besides pie.

The Island Cats said...

When the mom was a kid, all she wanted at Thanksgiving dinner was the cranberry sauce and the gravy. But not together!