Saturday, August 17, 2019

Caturday Art

I apologize if you're tired of spooky summer doodles, because here's yet another one.


I'm still eagerly and quite impatiently awaiting autumn and Halloween. I guess I'll have to settle for things like picnics with lemonade and watermelon and books of horror and terror. Just the usual.

We're wishing you all a beautiful day!




***
Did you know?
Did you know that famed horror author Stephen King wrote his novel Pet Sematary using inspiration from his own life? So as not to get into any overly sad details, the long and short of it is that in the 1970s, Stephen King and his young family moved to a home in an area where a local pet cemetery was indeed in existence, and their own cat ended up being buried there. One thing led to another, and King used these life events as inspiration for the acclaimed Pet Sematary.

14 comments:

Smudge said...

Dad and I always enjoy your artwork no matter the theme or season. In fact, dad's been a big horror fan for years and has favored some novels many would be too squeamish to even open. I've read that about Stephen King before, too. Sometimes some of the best tales are rooted in ones own life. Happy weekend!

Eastside Cats said...

Not too long ago, I read "Hearts in Atlantis" by Stephen King, and it was a superb mystery, but not exactly horror.

Marg said...

Great doodle. Looks lIke the kitty has plenty to do. You all have a super Saturday.

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Another great doodle!You are very talented :)

The J-Cats said...

We love your doodle. We don't find it at all spooky - which is just as well, because Our Human gets scared easily (mol).

The Island Cats said...

That’s a cute doodle, and really not that spooky. :)

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

I didn't know that about Pet Sematary! Your art is so cozy!!!

Sweet Purrfections said...

Mom Paula remembers reading Pet Sematary and even seeing the movie. She said it was really creepy.

messymimi said...

It's fine to read spooky stories in the summer!

Valentine said...

It is good to hear that Mr. King had a pussycat. I just hope that pussycat didn't come back as a zom like in his movie. YIKE! Mom and I can't wait to see your fall and ALL HALLOWS EVE doodles. Winks.

pilch92 said...

I love your art! As you know, I can't get enough Halloween everything. I did not know that about Stephen King. His stuff is too scary for me.

meowmeowmans said...

Whatever you want to doodle, we're good with! You're so talented,a nd your artwork makes us smile. :)

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We didn't know that, the Mom can't get into Stephen King although she did try to read Pet Sematary. She didn't get past the first chapter.

Love your doodle.

Cathy Keisha said...

Just getting around to visiting last week's art. Never read any Stephen King books but I'm a fan of his tweets.