Friday, August 23, 2019

Friendly Fill-Ins

Hello and happy Friday! Shall we fill in some fill-ins? We are all about the Friendly Fill-Ins on Fridays. In case you missed the fill-in statements yesterday, we'll share them again here. Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two, and I came up with the second two.


1. I am a stickler for _________.

2. By the end of August, I plan to _________.

3. _________ is my favorite thing about myself.

4. These days, my biggest priority is _________.


I tried my hand at these fill-ins, and my answers are below in bold.

1. I am a stickler for making desserts from scratch.
(I don't know why, but over the past decade or so I have become completely opposed to baking anything using a box mix. I have accumulated a huge collection of recipes for making cookies, brownies, cakes, muffins, pies, and other sugary goodness from scratch. I have nothing against others making things using box mixes, but doing so myself makes me feel like I'm cheating. Don't get me wrong, though, because I am no professional baker and my homemade concoctions are full of faults.)

2. By the end of August, I plan to have oodles of autumn doodles planned out.
(I'm already in the mood for autumn and Halloween, but I've sort of been holding myself back. Barely. Once September hits, though, I consider anything autumn and Halloween fair game, and I'll be prepared. My sketchbook will look like autumn threw up in it, and that makes me so happy.)

3. My love for animals is my favorite thing about myself.
(I never understand how there are people out there who do not feel a fondness for and connection to animals. I obviously have no respect for anyone who is cruel to animals, but I also admittedly have a lack of understanding for those who simply have no interest in animals. To each his or her own, but how do you not want furry friends? I am so glad I was blessed with a love for animals.)

4. These days, my biggest priority is getting all of my furbabies to their necessary vet visits.
(Astrid and Tonks both recently had their annual exams, and Thimble just had her annual exam as well as a dental. My feisty girl Eddy is still overdue for her annual exam, and I'm heavily focusing on finding a way to get her to the vet without a vicious fight. And though Evan isn't due for his annual until December, he just recently started licking his left side and as a result has a patch of short fur there. There is nothing I can see on Evan's side where he keeps licking it, it doesn't bother him when I touch the area, and he's acting totally normal all around, so I'm confused and he'll be going in to have that strangeness looked at soon. Every summer, I feel like all of my extra attention becomes dedicated to the furbabies' vet visits, and they are not happy with me about that.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

For your Eddy fix today, this little lady cat was all about the closeup shots. I'm always curious to see what the camera decides to focus on when I snap a photo. After all, as a complete photography novice, I seem to have no control over this. For the first photo below, the camera actually almost focused on the entirety of Eddy's adorable profile.


For the second photo, it looks like the camera was primarily into Eddy's tabby stripe on the side of her head, as well as her eyeball.


And for the third photo below, the camera pretty much only cared about the inner corner of Eddy's eye.


So there you have it. That is indeed the side of Eddy's head in all shades of random focus. We hope you enjoyed!

Eddy and all of us here wish you a happy Friday!



***
Doodle of the Day: Flashback Friday

Today's flashback doodle is from March of 2018, and it was yet another of my doodles inspired by books and cats. I remember getting the idea for this one after I saw a similar image on Pinterest. Of course, the image I originally saw didn't involve a cat, so I fixed that issue in my doodle.


I remember taking an undue amount of time figuring out how to make those books look stacked in a stairway fashion. Though the thought of drawing books in that configuration again makes me cringe, I'm feeling an inkling to recreate this doodle. I wonder if I'll be brave enough to do that.



***
Did you know?
Did you know that there are a variety of specific and sometimes strange words to denote a person's love for a particular animal? For example, we've mentioned in the past how ailurophile is another word for a cat lover. A dog lover can be described with the word canophile, or cynophile. A person who loves birds could be called an ornithophile, or an aviphile. When it comes to someone who loves horses, they can be called a hippophile. Do you like snakes? If so, you're an ophiophile. There are a great many terms that can be used to describe those who love animals, even if they're not always all that easy to pronounce.

10 comments:

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Great answers and those shots of Eddy are brilliant. Those eyes!

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat said...

Awesome close-ups, Eddy! I've gotten a little better. It used to be that I could handle from scratch but I'd royally mess up a mix. I've had more crumb cakes (that is cakes that are crumbs) than anything else.

Eastside Cats said...

I was at my local library TWICE yesterday, and all of the librarians and I had wonderful conversations. I just love books, what can I say? And I check out books about cats, because I love them too. My friends and I are huge "The X-Files" TV show fans, and we are X-Philes...LOL!

Sandee said...

I know how much you love your babies. It's a wonderful thing.

Thank you for co-hosting the Friendly Fill-ins. I enjoy it very much.

Have a fabulous day and weekend. Scritches to your babies. ♥

pilch92 said...

I love all your answers. I don't understand how someone can't be into loving pets either. I look forward to your Halloween doodles- I say start now. And I am sure you will get Eddy to the vet soon. Do you have any that go to the house? We had a vet that came to the house , but it was pricey and no one is unmanageable here ( some do need meds), but I would do it if needed.
Eddy is a cutie, great shots of her. I never knew all those -phile words :)
Have a nice weekend! XO

messymimi said...

Is there a way to “slip a mickey” to Eddy, put something in her food to make her loopy enough to get her in a carrier?

You have great fill-in answers, thank you for co-hosting!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Mudpie is past due for her check up too. She's due for a rabies shot and I'm dreading it because she had a reaction to it last time. (I hardly ever bake from scratch.)

Cathy Keisha said...

Sounds like Evan has allergies. Have you tried Gabapentin for Eddy? I hate to mention it but last year TW dosed me and didn't have trouble getting me into the box. TW doesn't understand how such people don't like animals OR sports.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

1. I am a stickler for laptime.

2. By the end of August, I plan to catch 2 mousies.

3. My furs is my favorite thing about myself.

4. These days, my biggest priority is TBT.

The Swiss Cats said...

Beautiful profile, Eddy ! We're thinking of allergies for Evan too. Purrs