Sunday, August 4, 2019

Sunday Selfie

Evan decided to snap a selfie in what is apparently his default napping station these days.


Every morning (and every afternoon, and every evening), Evan wants to snooze in the sun on the cube he's chilling on in the photo above. What's more, he never fails to demand that I move that cube to the back door. First, though, he always instructs me to open the back door so that he can sit on his cube directly next to the screen door. Do you think I heed Evan's demands? Absolutely I do.

Happy Sunday, friends!




***
Doodle of the Day:

Can you guys believe that I'm already itching to scribble up some Halloween doodles? Autumn is my favorite season, and Halloween is quite possibly my favorite holiday. That's probably why autumn and Halloween doodles are my favorite ones to create. By the time August rolls around, I can see autumn and Halloween on the horizon, and I can barely contain myself.

I recently started brainstorming ways that I could sort of start creating autumn and Halloween doodles, while also still incorporating summer vibes. After all, drawing Halloween doodles in August is probably frowned upon, so I needed to come up with some sort of compromise. Here is one of the doodles that compromise resulted in:


That doodled up kitty is meant to be my angel Rosie, and she gets me. I'm just sitting over here on a 90°F summer day, snacking on watermelon, wanting nothing more than to be living the Halloween life. I'm sure that makes total sense.



***
Did you know?
Did you know that your cat is expressing a sense of friendship when they shove their butt in your face? It's likely that every cat owner has had a cat butt positioned in front of their face at some point, and though it might seem like a rude gesture, it's actually one for which to be grateful. A cat will only put their butt in the face of someone they trust, because it's a vulnerable thing to do. Cats will also express friendship by draping their tale over a human, cat, or other animal.

14 comments:

The J-Cats said...

Of COURSE you heed Evan's demands. That is how it should be (m ol).
And you (and We) are rewarded with an adorable selfie!

Eastside Cats said...

Yum, watermelon! I too would give Evan anything he wants!

Timmy Tomcat said...

Evan has wonderful selfie and listening to our furs is a duty that comes from the heart. Love the purple watermelon! I wonder if you stuck grape juice in one like they do spirits it would be purple. Oh, Spirits, Halloween, we just caught that hee hee

Pam and Teddy said...

Oh I would be doing what he asked too - who could resist that face??? Not me!

Hugs, Pam

meowmeowmans said...

Way to train your mom, Evan! We love your handsome selfies in that nice warm sunpuddle. :) XO

Catscue Catmom said...

Who could resist that sweet Evan face, I'd give in to anything he wants too! Interesting about the butt I the face - I never thought of it as a compliment!

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

What a lovely selfie!

Purrs,
Tama and Genji

Erin the Cat Princess said...

I'm glad to hear you do, as a happy cat is one who gets to sample every window door and chair in search of the perfect scent and the hottest news from the sparrow and muse grapevine ;)
Have a great week to match that gorgeous selfie.
Purrs
ERin

pilch92 said...

Evan is such a cutie. I love the drawing. Halloween ranks above Christmas on my list ( sorry Jesus), but I can't resist black cats, eyeballs, etc. I guess I should be happy I have seen many cat butts up close :)

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Your doodle makes purrfect sense to me, as does waiting on Evan hand and paw!

messymimi said...

It’s just the purrfect place to be, says Evan, so of course you will let him be there.

We long for the cool days of autumn, too, so an autumn doodle works.

Animals are never rude, they are what they are, and yes, they have ways to show affection that we just might not understand.

Dash Kitten Crew said...

But of course you do :-) It makes his sunshine even more special.

The Island Cats said...

Evan, you have trained your human so well.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

How does a Bein please a cat? Exactly as you do...