Saturday, July 6, 2019

Caturday Art

I feel like my doodles are especially weird lately.


My sketchbook is filled with doodles like that one there. What's up with these wacky scenes that star cats, thank goodness, but also what appear to be potion bottles and other random weirdness? The only explanation I have is that I recently saw an artsy image online that portrayed a cozy yet eccentric little room that my brain thought looked like it would be the living quarters of a friendly witch. Ever since then, I've felt inspired to scribble up similar doodles of rooms and other scenes that give off the same vibe. I feel like that explanation wasn't an explanation at all and merely confused matters more. Hopefully you all don't mind these weird doodles.

Regardless, the wacky doodle above is of course our entry to Athena's Caturday Art Blog Hop.


Happy Caturday to all!



***
Did you know?
Did you know that cats need to scratch on things not only for the sake of their claws, but also for the sake of their muscles? Scratching, such as on a scratching post, allows cats to stretch muscles in their back and shoulders that they cannot necessarily reach with a typical stretch. Scratching can also allow a cat to relieve stress or other built-up tension. Scratching serves multiple significant purposes for a cat, and it is a very normal and necessary behavior. This is why scratching posts can be a very important part of a cat's home, as they can allow a cat to do what they need to do while also sparing the furniture.

11 comments:

messymimi said...

It’s a fun picture, and i agree that scratchers are indeed very important for cats and people to coexist in a house and have furniture that doesn’t look like Early Shredded.

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We love your doodle, we think someone is going to make some essential oil with roses and kitty is helping.

meowmeowmans said...

This doodle is so fun! It's kind of magical and Harry Potter-esque. :)

Happy Saturday!

pilch92 said...

I love the drawing. I feel bad for cats that have been declawed and can't scratch. We have many scratching options here :)

Peachy, Stippie, Angel Binky and Granny said...

Such a lovely doodle and I like to scratch my claws on the wood in the garden, now I have to convince Granny to do the same when she's stressed😸Pawkisses for a Happy Caturday🐾😽💞

World of Animals, Inc said...

Happy Caturday Art Day!!! We love the doodle that you shared. We like that you do different kinds of doodles. Have a fun and great rest of your weekend.
World of Animals

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

We love it!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

I think your doodle is darling. Your creativity is truly something special.

Cathy Keisha said...

That is a weird doodle. I think you'd like some of the cat (and other) books Aunt Pauline wrote. I have a million scratching posts and I use them all.

My Dog Sam - Ruptured Disk said...

Very nice.

Eastside Cats said...

I just love your doodles, especially the face that you put on the kitties! *sigh*