Friday, July 5, 2019

Friendly Fill-Ins

Happy Friday! Let's start off this fine day with the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge. In case you missed the fill-in statements yesterday, I'll share them again here. Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two, and I came up with the second two.


1. I like my _________ with _________.

2. When I was _________, I had to have _________.

3. I spend the most time thinking about _________.

4. _________ is a risk worth taking.


And below is how I filled in these fill-ins. My answers are in bold.

1. I like my oranges with chocolate.
(There's nothing like peeling an orange, lathering the slices in chocolate, and snacking away. Don't worry, this weird answer is my only one that doesn't revolve around furbabies.)

2. When I was a kid, I had to have my kitty companion Rosie by my side in order to fall asleep.
(Furry cuddle buddies make falling asleep so much easier. If my Rosie hadn't been called to the Rainbow Bridge in 2015, she'd still be my bedtime cuddle buddy. Rosie used to sleep on top of me, sometimes on my stomach, sometimes on my legs, and sometimes on my head. I loved that, and I would not move for fear of disturbing her. I will always cherish the bond Rosie and I shared for 21 years.)

3. I spend the most time thinking about my furbabies.
(I think about them when I'm home with them, and when I'm away from them. I'm certain I'm not alone in this.)

4. Adopting a specially abled animal is a risk worth taking.
(This is obviously a very personal decision, and one that takes significant consideration. For me, personally, I've learned that taking on a special needs furbaby, though I prefer to say specially abled furbaby, is so very rewarding, inspiring, and worth any potential risk. My boy Evan may be hind limb paralyzed, but he is a momma's boy who brings me so much joy. I adopted my girl Eddy when she had a severe head tilt and spun in circles or tipped over when attempting to walk or run, and she's now my happy, active, athletic goofball who never fails to make me smile. I have had people ask me to my face why I would take on an animal who might be more likely to have current or future issues, and all I can think is how much such furbabies deserve a home to call their own, and how much they've taught me.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Your Eddy fix for today isn't quite in the form of a photo. Do you remember when we shared an animated GIF of Astrid last week? Google Drive, where we store our photos, sometimes creates such GIFs using a series of our photos. They did that for Eddy recently, and so she wished to share that animation with you today.


Thanks, Google! Eddy hopes all of you friends of hers enjoy this tiny little movie of her. She also wishes you all a fantastic Friday!



***
Doodle of the Day:




***
Did you know?
Did you know that a couple hundred feral cats roam throughout Disneyland? They serve as pest control, keeping the rodent population at bay. In return, the park's staff ensures the cats are spayed and neutered, feeds them extra food, and helps them receive medical care as needed.

12 comments:

Sandee said...

I love all your answers and have never tried oranges and chocolate. Very different.

Thank you for co-hosting Friendly Fill-ins.

Have a fabulous day and weekend. ♥

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Love the gif and doodle!

Pix said...

#4... you are a very kind and good person.
I get your oranges and chocolate combo!
I did enjoy Eddy's movie and today's Doodle!

World of Animals, Inc said...

Happy Friday!!! We did enjoy Eddy's GIF and your friendly fill-in answers. Orange slices with chocolate. Maybe something new to check out. Thanks for the share. Have a great weekend.
World of Animals

pilch92 said...

Great answers- especially #4. You were truly blessed to have Angel Rosie for so many years. Have you ever had a chocolate orange? It is pure chocolate in segments like an orange with just a hint of orange taste- so good. Very cool gif of Eddy and the drawing is cute too. I did know that about Disney. :) Have a nice weekend! XO

Shoko Neilson said...


Cool answers. Mom has tried oranges and chocolate.....she seems to like them.

Tyebe

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Great answers, and love the animated Eddy! And your doodles just get cozier by the day!

messymimi said...

Special pets are certainly worth it, and i don’t blame you for sleeping with your Rosie. When i was young, i could sleep on a tiny corner of a bed, curving myself to fit around and accommodate three cats.

A managed feral colony sounds like a fabulous way to keep an amusement park free of rodent pests.

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat said...

Now that is a cool gif! I'm a fan of orange and chocolate too! Have you ever tried those Brach's chocolate covered orange nougat? Ummm ... heavenly!

Cathy Keisha said...

Love that wink of Eddy's. Have you tried that new chocolate butter from Olivio? I'll bet that would taste good on your oranges too. I couldn't agree with your #4 more.

Pam and Teddy said...

Love the google animation.....VERY cool! Also love the doodle - what a cozy spot for all the kitties to have their own little special napping area in pastel splendor! Your fill-ins are wonderful...I've never had a special needs pet but I know I'd love and care for them with every ounce of love I have in me.

Hugs, Pam

Suzanne McClendon said...

I think my response to those folks asking why take on a specially-abled furbaby would be that, like special humans, they need love and a home, too. They can't help the position they are in. Why should they be rejected because they aren't "perfect" in the eyes of others? They are perfect for someone out there, someone with a special heart. I think it is great that they have found love with you.

Not long before he went to the Bridge, Xerxes started sleeping on me. He was seeking heat as he was staying so very cold. Where better to find heat than a menopausal, hot-flashing woman? Like you, I tried not to disturb him, too. Such precious memories.

Eddy is adorable and so is your doodle.

Have a blessed week!