Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Tuesday Bath Time

Evan didn't get to star in a Mancat Monday post yesterday, so he informed me that today is his time to shine. What my boy wants, my boy gets. I'm well trained like that. In other words, here's a dose of Evan for you all to enjoy.


Evan is one of our resident bathing pros. Are you in need of some bathing tips? Evan's always open to giving pointers on how to make the most of your bath time.


There's nothing like a good ol' bath in the sun, right in front of the window, for all the neighbors to see. Right?

Happy Tuesday, friends!



***
Doodle of the Day: Turn Back Time on Tuesday

As we mentioned last week, we're going to start sharing flashback doodles twice a week. Tuesday is one of the days we'll be doing just that. So, here's today's flashback doodle for you.


I doodled up that there bath time scene back in January of 2018, for National Rubber Ducky Day. This was actually one of the first times I ever drew a bathtub. Such a momentous occasion, huh?

Anyway. When I need to doodle a particular item or animal for the first time ever, I often find myself looking up various images of said item in order to give me ideas and inspiration. I remember looking through dozens upon dozens of photos of bathtubs in order to decide how to scribble up the image above. I didn't know what style of bathtub I wanted to go for, until I came upon an image with a bathtub similar to the one above.

Honestly, some of you might remember seeing more recent images quite similar to the one above. That's because, once I doodle up something for the first time ever, that often then becomes my template for future drawings in the same vein. So, now when I need to doodle up a bathtub, I'll often look back at the image above to remind me of the style I originally decided to go for.

I don't know if any of that made sense. All in all, I hope you enjoyed the flashback doodle above, in which you'll see the first bathtub I ever drew.



***
Did you know?
Did you know that cats bathe themselves for more than just the sake of cleanliness? In addition to removing dust and other debris from their coats, cats bathe in order to transfer oils from the skin to the fur. Bathing also helps a cat to cool down, if needed. After all, licking their coat leaves behind saliva, which can essentially serve as a sort of coolant. And yet another reason a cat might groom is to relieve stress. Have you ever watched your cat display a lapse in grace, perhaps stumbling or falling, and then they stop to bathe? This might be an example of a cat using grooming to relieve stress or tension, or embarrassment. There's also the fact that some cats will bathe each other as a sign of companionship, this mutual grooming being called allogrooming. It would seem that bathing isn't just about bathing!

11 comments:

Pam and Teddy said...

Sunbathing is definitely the way to go isn't it Evan. I like sunny spots for my indoor bathing too!

Hugs, Teddy

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat said...

There's nothing better than watching Evan sun-bathe!

The Island Cats said...

We love bathing in a sunbeam, too!

Eastside Cats said...

I would so love to give The PO'M a real bath! Yesterday, his fur was wet from rain, and I wiped him down using a paper towel, and it got very dirty! A good wash with soap and water would make him feel like a million bucks; what are the odds that I could make it happen? HA!

Timmy Tomcat said...

Evan you really can do a good bath. Being a ginger myself I like washing so the stripes look bright and I bet you do too

pilch92 said...

Awww..Evan is so adorable. Cute drawing too. And I did not realize cats had so many reasons for grooming. :)

World of Animals, Inc said...

Happy Tuesday, Evan!!! We are seeing that you are a real pro at taking a bath. Just remember to always get behind the ears. Thanks for sharing the great photos. Have a fun day in the sun.
World of Animals

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

I bet there's girl cats lined up outside to watch you!

messymimi said...

Sunbathing reminds me of a story a lady told about telling her granddaughter she needed to take a “bird bath” (meaning, of course, washing up a bit in the sink, not a full bath). The granddaughter said, “Oh, Gramma, you can’t do that, your butt is too big and the neighbors will see!”

That’s a very nice bathtub, just the kind i’d like to have.

meowmeowmans said...

Well done, Evan! Bathing in a sunpuddle is one of life's true joys, huh?

Smudge said...

Oh Evan, bathing is what we live for, is it not?